Javier Henderson

Default Wood in Raleigh, NC

Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav
booger

The Woodcraft Store
6582 Glenwood Avenue 919-781-1911

They have fliers on local sources, as well as their own inventory.

There's also the Woodworking Store on Capitol Blvd inside the belt line.

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav

DIYGUY

DAGS - many other replies to your question ...

Steve Peterson

I moved to Pittsboro a year ago with the same question. You could check out
Capital City Lumber, http://www.capitalcitylumber.com/, and there is
supposed to be a place in Apex that I haven't found yet. To get better
prices, I think you have to go a ways, like Gibsonville,
http://www.hardwoodstore.com/. If you find some better sources, let me
know.

Welcome to the Triangle.
Steve

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav

Wilson

Woodworking Store is Outside the belt, across from Harbor Freight and
Cookout roadkill restaurant.
I have a lot of rough oak you could look at in Hillsborough.
Wilson
"booger" wrote in message
The Woodcraft Store
6582 Glenwood Avenue 919-781-1911

They have fliers on local sources, as well as their own inventory.

There's also the Woodworking Store on Capitol Blvd inside the belt line.

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav

Javier Henderson

Steve Peterson wrote:
I moved to Pittsboro a year ago with the same question. You could check out
Capital City Lumber, http://www.capitalcitylumber.com/, and there is
supposed to be a place in Apex that I haven't found yet. To get better
prices, I think you have to go a ways, like Gibsonville,
http://www.hardwoodstore.com/. If you find some better sources, let me
know.

I see that Hardwoodstore.COM delivers to the Triangle for $29 flat fee.
Not bad!

Thanks for the tips,

-jav
Javier Henderson

Wilson wrote:
Woodworking Store is Outside the belt, across from Harbor Freight and
Cookout roadkill restaurant.

That's the name of the place? Cookout Roadkill? I'll have to have a look...

I did come across Woodworking Store purely by accident, I was actually
going to the music store across the parking lot. Looked like a nice
place, and they also seemed to have a good selection of books.

-jav
Fred

Javier Henderson wrote:
Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav

To add to your list. Eastwakehardwoods.com in Zebulon. A little pricey
but with an emphasis on exotics. And for the day you want to take a
nice drive in the country, Walllumber.com in Mayodan NC
Fred

Rob V

Raleigh Hardwoods - Poole Road.
Good guys. - Dont have their numbers off hand.

There is a plywood dealer in Fuquay that can get pretty much anything you
want also.
Ask for Robin Jackson - 919-577-9994
(always has ebony and purple heart in stock)
Cheaper than RH and anyborg.
They will also deal on peices that are marked or damaged in anyway.
Its one of those places where you walk in and drool over how much wood there
is.

Normal notes - not affiliated just long time customers of both.

_rob

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav

Jim Wheeler

Also, you might want to join the Triangle Woodworkers Association -
great programs and nationally known workshop instructors. Plus
discounts at woodworking shops.

http://www.ibiblio.org/twa/

jim

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message

Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav

Billy Smith

I've bought from Mike Robbins at 919-779-0719. He has a mill just south of
Raleigh.
Operates by appointment. He was quite knowledgeable and had a decent
selection
and reasonable prices. I hope he's still operating.

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav

skeezics

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:50:54 -0500, Javier Henderson
wrote:

Greetings,

I just relocated to Raleigh, NC. Would anyone care to recommend a wood
dealer in the area?

Thanks.

-jav

might try jacksons out in fuquay-varina. he carries some exotics and
lots of plywood. reasonable prices. also raleigh hardwoods on poole
road about a mile from the beltline. they usualy have a good selection
and average prices.

skeez
John Haines

If you donm't mind a little drice try Steve Wall Lumber.
http://www.walllumber.com/default.asp
He is located north of Greensville.

John Haines

John Haines

Thanks for the correction. I made the trip from Norfolk VA so was
comming from the other direction. Have you ever been to Steve Wall
Lumber? I got some nice bocote and canarywood.

| John Haines |
| Science Applications International Corporation |
| NASA Langley Research Center |
| Mail Stop 157D |
| Hampton, Va 23681-2199 |
| 757-864-7420 FAX: 757-864-8807 |
| |

Pat Barber

Yep..Steve Wall has some very nice stuff. I'm over 200 miles
south, so it's quite a haul for me.