Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Source for 5x5 plywood near Durham (or Raleigh), NC?

I know there are a couple of places around Raleigh that sell 5x5
plywood, but I don't know who/where they are...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:57:36 -0700, Heath Roberts wrote:

I know there are a couple of places around Raleigh that sell 5x5
plywood, but I don't know who/where they are...

There is a brand (trade-name) called Baltic Birch Plywood which comes
from the Baltic Sea Countries. This type of plywood is sold in North
America in 5' X 5' (60.0 inches by 60.0 inches) sheets. Real Baltic Birch
Plywood has interior no-void veneers. Has a blue stamp with BB in a
circle.

The new Generic Term is Russian Birch Export Plywood. There is supposed
to be a document that gives minimum quality specification to Russian
Birch Export Plywood. Again, for some reason, sold in USA as 5' X 5'
sheets. Maybe Cargo Containers??

Use the Wood Finder dot com web site and search for Russian Birch
Plywood, or Baltic Birch Plywood.

*** Most BORG Birch Plywood is NOT BB or RB plywood. ****

You will need to go to a real lumber store (8am-5pm weekdays), and if
they don't have it ask at desk if they will order it for you. ---- Short
version of Long story, local lumber yard that would special order BB for
me, actually wrote me a ticket and sent me to a Plywood wholesaler to
pick up myself. Shipping special order from wholesaler to lumber yard had
minimum order, or shipping charges. Back then, gas for my SUV was all
of $1.50 a gallon or so, so what was an hour or so drive.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article 7ed7f555-e487-4359-96c8-6aefa838cd62@
8g2000hse.googlegroups.com, says...
I know there are a couple of places around Raleigh that sell 5x5
plywood, but I don't know who/where they are...

Capital City Lumber on Beryl Road just outside the beltline
at Hillsboro St. carries it.