Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Source for Cherry Plywood

I've made carcases for cherry cabinets out of birch plywood on the
(foolish, as it turns out) assumption that I could face the sides of
outside cabs later with 1/8" cherry plywood. Turns out, Rockler only
sells lengths to 32", and I've asked elsewhere without success.
Anyone out there have a source for 1/8" cherry ply?

Posted to rec.woodworking

thosmore wrote:

I've made carcases for cherry cabinets out of birch plywood on the
(foolish, as it turns out) assumption that I could face the sides of
outside cabs later with 1/8" cherry plywood. Turns out, Rockler only
sells lengths to 32", and I've asked elsewhere without success.
Anyone out there have a source for 1/8" cherry ply?

I know of a couple of places near me. Where are you located?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 3, 6:56 pm, Nova wrote:
thosmore wrote:
I've made carcases for cherry cabinets out of birch plywood on the
(foolish, as it turns out) assumption that I could face the sides of
outside cabs later with 1/8" cherry plywood. Turns out, Rockler only
sells lengths to 32", and I've asked elsewhere without success.
Anyone out there have a source for 1/8" cherry ply?

I know of a couple of places near me. Where are you located?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Southern Illinois. But I'm more than willing to pay shipping.
Posted to rec.woodworking

thosmore wrote:
On Dec 3, 6:56 pm, Nova wrote:
thosmore wrote:
I've made carcases for cherry cabinets out of birch plywood on the
(foolish, as it turns out) assumption that I could face the sides
of
outside cabs later with 1/8" cherry plywood. Turns out, Rockler
only sells lengths to 32", and I've asked elsewhere without
success.
Anyone out there have a source for 1/8" cherry ply?

I know of a couple of places near me. Where are you located?

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Southern Illinois. But I'm more than willing to pay shipping.

Try http://www.woodfinder.com. If all else fails,
http://www.boulterplywood.com should be able to fix you up.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lou Lou is offline

Southern Illinois. But I'm more than willing to pay shipping.

Northern Ill, theres a place called Owl Hardwood owlhardwood.com
In Highland Ill. theres a place called Wicks Aircraft. They may not
sell
cherry, but worth a phone call. They do however sell very thin
plywood,
down to .4 mm.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:27:49 -0800 (PST), thosmore
wrote:

I've made carcases for cherry cabinets out of birch plywood on the
(foolish, as it turns out) assumption that I could face the sides of
outside cabs later with 1/8" cherry plywood. Turns out, Rockler only
sells lengths to 32", and I've asked elsewhere without success.
Anyone out there have a source for 1/8" cherry ply?

Try these folks

http://www.kunzcarpentry.com/

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

"thosmore" wrote ...

[...]

Anyone out there have a source for 1/8" cherry ply?

1/8" cherry VC G1S is a standard item that most plywood distributors should have in stock. I've used it on ceilings. They also carry 3/4" & 1/2" cherry G1S with a shop birch backer, that's good for finished ends on cabinets.

Trouble is, they only sell wholesale, and won't deliver to your house, or allow you to pickup unless you have a business.

A local cabinet shop would probably be willing to order it for you. I do this often for guys in town, and have made some good contacts this way. Once almost got a ride in a '31 Morgan as a thanks, 'cept I couldn't fit in it.

Also, big box home centers might be willing to special order it for you.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.tjwoodworking.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jon Jon is offline

Owl hardwoods is also located in Lombard. I shop there often, they always
have cherry and other hardwood ply and veneers in stock!

Jon
NW burbs
"Lou" wrote in message

Southern Illinois. But I'm more than willing to pay shipping.

Northern Ill, theres a place called Owl Hardwood owlhardwood.com
In Highland Ill. theres a place called Wicks Aircraft. They may not
sell
cherry, but worth a phone call. They do however sell very thin
plywood,
down to .4 mm.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lou" wrote in message

Southern Illinois. But I'm more than willing to pay shipping.

Thruway Hardwoods & Plywood Corp.
47 Anderson Rd,
Cheektowaga, NY 14225

Freephone: +1 800 841 8921
Telephone: +1 716 893 9663
FAX: +1 176 893 9680

http://www.thruwayhardwood.com/services.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 4, 7:06 am, "Jon" wrote:
Owl hardwoods is also located in Lombard. I shop there often, they always
have cherry and other hardwood ply and veneers in stock!

Can I count this as a recommendation for this place? I live in North
West Indiana and was thinking of driving there for my next project.
The only other place near by is a Woodcraft.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks to all who posted. Boulter Plywood turned out to be a winner.

http://www.boulterplywood.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://base.google.com/base/a/294643...78181407770746

Select Veneer is the hands down Premium Cherry Plywood Manufacturer in
the WORLD!!!

Vertical Integration and Private Company Held Premium Timberlands is
the start the zero defect and quality control mindset shows excelent
results! tHEY ALSO SELL 6,7,8,10,12 FOOT LONG 4-5' WIDE IN ANY SPECIE
\

FSC CERT. TOO!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 5, 11:23 pm, yugami wrote:
On Dec 4, 7:06 am, "Jon" wrote:

Owl hardwoods is also located in Lombard. I shop there often, they always
havecherryand other hardwood ply and veneers in stock!

http://base.google.com/base/a/294643...78181407770746
Can I count this as a recommendation for this place? I live in North
West Indiana and was thinking of driving there for my next project.
The only other place near by is a Woodcraft.

We supply some of the cherry to OWL.

http://base.google.com/base/a/294643...78181407770746
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in
:

On Dec 5, 11:23 pm, yugami wrote:
On Dec 4, 7:06 am, "Jon" wrote:

Owl hardwoods is also located in Lombard. I shop there often, they
always havecherryand other hardwood ply and veneers in stock!

http://base.google.com/base/a/294643...78181407770746
Can I count this as a recommendation for this place? I live in North
West Indiana and was thinking of driving there for my next project.
The only other place near by is a Woodcraft.

We supply some of the cherry to OWL.

http://base.google.com/base/a/294643...78181407770746

You just lost any potential sale you might have made. Suggesting your
product in response to a query is one thing, flooding a news group is
another.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
http://base.google.com/base/a/294643...78181407770746

Select Veneer is the hands down Premium Cherry Plywood Manufacturer in
the WORLD!!!

Vertical Integration and Private Company Held Premium Timberlands is
the start the zero defect and quality control mindset shows excelent
results! tHEY ALSO SELL 6,7,8,10,12 FOOT LONG 4-5' WIDE IN ANY SPECIE
\

FSC CERT. TOO!

Agreed, Greg. Killfile
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

http://www.home.mycybernet.net/~waugh/shop/

Posted to rec.woodworking

This guy is not only spamming the wreck, he sent me an e-mail pushing his
plywood. Why me? Well, he quoted a post I made in this group in 2002! I
followed his link and reported him to GoogleBase, whatever that is.
Hopefully, they will pull his site from their servers. If he got to me, I
assume there must be others he spammed.

--

Best Regards, Phil
Living In The Woods Of Beautiful Bonney Lake, Washington

wrote in message

http://base.google.com/base/snip