Junior Member

Default Finishing cherry plywood

I've finished hardwood plywood with polyurathane, but that was really just to act more as a sealer for a storage cabinet in the garage.

Now I'm considering building a home-entertainment center. I'm not sure what wood will be, but I'm pretty sure I'll use plywood for a multitude of reasons.

What finishes can I use, and what finishes should I avoid?
Are there any books on the subject of finishing plywood.

Thanks,
Roger
Posted to rec.woodworking

"JRogerAlfred" wrote in message

I've finished hardwood plywood with polyurathane, but that was really
just to act more as a sealer for a storage cabinet in the garage.

Now I'm considering building a home-entertainment center. I'm not sure
what wood will be, but I'm pretty sure I'll use plywood for a multitude
of reasons.

What finishes can I use, and what finishes should I avoid?
Are there any books on the subject of finishing plywood.

Something wrong with polyurethane?
Flexner's book is the Bible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"JRogerAlfred" wrote in message
What finishes can I use, and what finishes should I avoid?
Are there any books on the subject of finishing plywood.

You can use:
Latex paint
Spray enamel
Varnish oil
Polyurethane
BLO
Tung oil
Danish oil

Avoid:
Latex Driveway sealer

Posted to rec.woodworking
bob bob is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message news:H6FHg.8475

Avoid:
Latex Driveway sealer

Yeah, it really stinks up the house.

--