Posted to alt.home.repair

Default product opinion wanted?

I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Nate... Iam sure you have more good sense than money. What a rip off. Warren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

*LOL I'm not sure how much value those things will add to the house. Go
with Hubbell or Pass & Seymour if you want to upgrade, but you should be
fine with the Leviton for normal household use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Damn! I had to check the calendar again to be sure it was no April Fools'
Day

Posted to alt.home.repair

Damn! I had to check the calendar again to be sure it was no April Fools'
Day

theres a sucker born every minute, bet congress specs these for all
governent work, it fits their price pork piggie model............

what a ripoff, just like monster cables

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 3:02*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. *Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. *They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...t/dp/B000930W4...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

If you buy even one of those, I have a bridge or two to sell you at
bargain prices.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 16:02:45 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

Can I "back stab" the wires with these and do the come in a GFCI
version?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charlie wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio-Grade-Duplex-

Socket/dp/B000930W4M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Damn! I had to check the calendar again to be sure it was no April Fools'
Day

Did you read the reviews? They're hilarious.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

Amazing what some people will buy. I expect the same customer base as
Monster (hype and markup) Cable, CD stabilizer bricks, Oxygen free
copper power cords and the like. All snake oil.

If you want a top grade receptacle, get a hospital grade Hubbell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me
a link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return
the unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a
superior product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

Audio grade BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me
a link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return
the unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a
superior product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...dp/B000930W4M/
ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

nate

Check into an extended warranty :-)

150 bucks for an outlet?

http://i50.tinypic.com/11bkos2.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:24:41 -0600, Red Green
wrote:

Check into an extended warranty :-)

Is it available on the site so I can read it :-/

I don't want to hold up the line for waiting customers. Don't you
know!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

Where's the UL listing? I don't see it mentioned at Amazon or the
company's website.

$146 for one wall outlet is ridiculous for something that doesn't
include ground fault, arc fault, and surge protection and an L-C EMI
filter. Why not just buy UL hospital grade outlets for $15-50
apiece? Better yet, save your money and buy the second-cheapest
outlets from an electrical supply or hardware store for about $2-3.
They're made of tough nylon, unlike the $0.50 outlets, which are made
of brittle plastic (phenolic? Bakelite?).
Posted to alt.home.repair

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in
:

Nate Nagel wrote:

I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me
a link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return
the unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a
superior product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio.../dp/B000930W4M
/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Where's the UL listing? I don't see it mentioned at Amazon or the
company's website.

$146 for one wall outlet is ridiculous for something that doesn't
include ground fault, arc fault, and surge protection and an L-C EMI
filter.

Yea for that price it should do for men what those fancy showheads do for
women.

Why not just buy UL hospital grade outlets for $15-50
apiece? Better yet, save your money and buy the second-cheapest
outlets from an electrical supply or hardware store for about $2-3.
They're made of tough nylon, unlike the $0.50 outlets, which are made
of brittle plastic (phenolic? Bakelite?).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

I'm astounded that a company actually stocks the darned things.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

John Grabowski wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

*LOL I'm not sure how much value those things will add to the house. Go
with Hubbell or Pass & Seymour if you want to upgrade, but you should be
fine with the Leviton for normal household use.

Hmmm,
A relation to Monster cable?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rick Brandt wrote:
Charlie wrote:

"Nate wrote in message
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio-Grade-Duplex-

Socket/dp/B000930W4M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Damn! I had to check the calendar again to be sure it was no April Fools'
Day

Did you read the reviews? They're hilarious.

Hi,
One review is missing, the one says that thing saves energy, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

And such a discount, 28 cents off list. With that whole .1% discount,
they're practically giving them away!

Mike O.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me
a link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return
the unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a
superior product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

Audio grade BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jon

Just plug your speakers into the outlet, and you get a nice, clean 60 Hz
hum..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 3:02*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. *Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. *They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...t/dp/B000930W4...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Try em, could you lend [give] me 1500.00 US$ to try a few too, the
reviews say they work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"MikeO" wrote in
:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me
a link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return
the unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a
superior product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio.../dp/B000930W4M
/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

And such a discount, 28 cents off list. With that whole .1%
discount, they're practically giving them away!

Mike O.

Yea I saw that. Makes hitting that "Purchase" button tough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote in :

On Jan 2, 3:02 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...t/dp/B000930W4...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Try em, could you lend [give] me 1500.00 US$ to try a few too, the
reviews say they work.

Anybody wanna figure out what it'll cost to upgrade this audio setup?

http://www.neatorama.com/wp-content/...azfw5_6648.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

I'm astounded that a company actually stocks the darned things.

TDD

There is a lot of profit to be made in selling snake oil, at least until
the FTC or similar shuts down your scam.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...pr_product_top

nate

Nice link, but if they can make it that cheap I wouldn't expect it to
provide much improvement.

By coincidence I just ran across
http://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html
on sci.electronics.design
A couple points of interest from the link:
"The Blackbody utilizes particle/wave patterns to work, and therefore
does not need to be wired to your gear. It needs only to be placed near
your audio system..."
"A set of three is recommended"

And my favorite audiophile post - from alt.engineering.electrical
http://tinyurl.com/2hnnwx
line 4 - from Bill Shymanski

--
bud--
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 4:02*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex
receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. *Someone sent me a
link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the
unused ones and purchase these instead. *They do look like a superior
product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

http://www.amazon.com/Wattgate-Audio...t/dp/B000930W4...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

These are great, I swear by them but only if used with gold plated
Romex cable, gold plated service box, and gold plated meter base and
meter and dont forget .....

Jimmie