Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CostCo has nicely priced CFL floods including dimable

Made a trip to CostCo and found they have outside 120W equivalent and
inside 65W equivalent CFL floodlights. The inside ones are "dimable".
I thought the price was very good, $17 bucks for a 4 pack of outside
bulbs and $18 for a 3 pak of dimable inside bulbs. Bought enough to
do my kitchen and back yard and I'm impressed with them. The inside
ones are rated for enclosed, base up fixtures. And they dim
reasonably well, not as good as the old incandescent but that's no
surprise. They dim well enough to be acceptable and they are actually
brighter then the old incandescent 65W bulbs they replaced. I've gone
from using 520W to light the kitchen down to 120 watts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 30, 6:35*pm, Ashton Crusher wrote:
Made a trip to CostCo and found they have outside 120W equivalent and
inside 65W equivalent CFL floodlights. *The inside ones are "dimable".
I thought the price was very good, * $17 bucks for a 4 pack of outside
bulbs and $18 for a 3 pak of dimable inside bulbs. *Bought enough to
do my kitchen and back yard and I'm impressed with them. *The inside
ones are rated for enclosed, base up fixtures. *And they dim
reasonably well, not as good as the old incandescent but that's no
surprise. *They dim well enough to be acceptable and they are actually
brighter then the old incandescent 65W bulbs they replaced. *I've gone
from using 520W to light the kitchen down to 120 watts.

HD has that price beat in my area Chgo, 1.85 a 4 pack of 9w cfl and
about 12.75$ for 4 of the 14=65w floods. The HD invision brand has a
#1 rating on a comparison at Popular Mechanics mag and near top at
Consumer Reports, plus when they burn out its an easy return at HD. My
prices may be artificialy low now due to a Com Ed subsidity they seem
to do every winter, so I get a years worth now and extras.
Posted to alt.home.repair

#1 rating on a comparison at Popular Mechanics mag and near top at
Consumer Reports, plus when they burn out its an easy return at HD. My
prices may be artificialy low now due to a Com Ed subsidity they seem
to do every winter, so I get a years worth now and extras.

I'm still looking for a good price on dimmable edison base dining room
chandelier bulbs. We don't often dim our dining room lights, but when
we do, it is usually for a good reason so I don't want to put in
regular CFLs and upward pointing flood lights won't cut it.

Nice piece of nicely spalted beech B.White Woodworking Plans and Photos 1 November 5th 09 04:58 AM
Nicely done ... Swingman Woodworking 3 March 1st 09 07:28 PM
McDuffee -- Dangers of debt nicely illustrated Ignoramus17377 Metalworking 25 February 13th 09 03:35 AM
Motion Detector + Fluorescent Lights won't play nicely... Derrick Regalia Home Ownership 7 March 11th 05 03:23 PM