Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default CostCo has nicely priced CFL floods including dimable

On Dec 30, 6:35*pm, Ashton Crusher wrote:
Made a trip to CostCo and found they have outside 120W equivalent and
inside 65W equivalent CFL floodlights. *The inside ones are "dimable".
I thought the price was very good, * $17 bucks for a 4 pack of outside
bulbs and $18 for a 3 pak of dimable inside bulbs. *Bought enough to
do my kitchen and back yard and I'm impressed with them. *The inside
ones are rated for enclosed, base up fixtures. *And they dim
reasonably well, not as good as the old incandescent but that's no
surprise. *They dim well enough to be acceptable and they are actually
brighter then the old incandescent 65W bulbs they replaced. *I've gone
from using 520W to light the kitchen down to 120 watts.

HD has that price beat in my area Chgo, 1.85 a 4 pack of 9w cfl and
about 12.75$ for 4 of the 14=65w floods. The HD invision brand has a
#1 rating on a comparison at Popular Mechanics mag and near top at
Consumer Reports, plus when they burn out its an easy return at HD. My
prices may be artificialy low now due to a Com Ed subsidity they seem
to do every winter, so I get a years worth now and extras.