Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Nicely done ...

http://www2.highlandstoday.com/conte...orking-wonder/

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
http://www2.highlandstoday.com/conte...orking-wonder/

421 hours to complete an enertainment console?????

I wonder how much he got paid for it.

It is inspirational to see a young kid with that kind of drive, skill and
focus.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 1, 12:40*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message

...http://www2.highlandstoday.com/conte...oodworking-won...

421 hours to complete an enertainment console?????

21 hours to slap together, 400 hours trying to design the curved lines
in SketchUp. :-o

I wonder how much he got paid for it.

It is inspirational to see a young kid with that kind of drive, skill and
focus.

That it is. I think it looks like a piece I'd own. Really nice.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote

"Swingman" wrote in message
http://www2.highlandstoday.com/conte...orking-wonder/

421 hours to complete an enertainment console?????

350 hours ... looking at Sam Maloof pieces for inspiration?

I wonder how much he got paid for it.

Whatever it was, now being an "award winning" designer and woodworker will
probably pay back the effort back in spades.

It is inspirational to see a young kid with that kind of drive, skill and
focus.

Agreed ... I have the tools, but neither the time, nor talent to pursue
pieces like that. One of these days, maybe ...

--
Karl A. Caillouet
Construction Manager