Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hitachi tools ?

I've never owned this brand before. While looking for another tool I
found a "12-Volt 1/4" Cordless Impact Driver" for $100.00 off at the
Lowe's website. The driver is now $99.00 online*

It has more torque than my 18-Volt Bosch hammer drill.

What are your opinions on the brand?

* See Today's HOTTEST deals (right side of page):
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=home

Specs:

Accessories/Parts Included: 2 Batteries, 1 Charger, 1 Driver Bit & 1
Carrying Case
Battery Voltage: 12
Case Included: Yes
Charge Time (Hours): 0.4
Charger Included: Yes
Color/Finish: Green/Black
Drive Size: 1/4 inch
Forward/Reverse Rocker Switch: Yes
Impacts Per Minute: 3000.0
Length (Inches): 5.5
Material: Polycarbonate Resin
Maximum Torque: 840.0
No Load Speed: 2500 RPM
Number of Batteries Included for Tool: 2
Tool Weight (lbs.): 2.2
Variable Speed: Yes

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOaJUjCDhoE

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:r6nfj59m7ku5ul2sn5u9fand79k70kme2s@
4ax.com:

[...]

Can't speak for this item but like 18mos ago I bought a 12" Hitachi
compound double bevel miter saw. I have absolutely nothing but praise for
it as of today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:32:04 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOaJUjCDhoE

Thanks!

Hitachi is a decent brand of tools.

I like decent. Got my grabby hands on the tool today. It was a display
sample, not exact model, but I like the tool.

I had to leave the store; instead, of spending MORE money.

Ask the guy --no we don't have that.

I found in a 10 minute period.

This guy was from Vegas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOaJUjCDhoE

Thanks!

Hitachi is a decent brand of tools.

I like decent. Got my grabby hands on the tool today. It was a display
sample, not exact model, but I like the tool.

I had to leave the store; instead, of spending MORE money.

Ask the guy --no we don't have that.

I found in a 10 minute period.

This guy was from Vegas.

Had to run down to Vegas today and back on a "situation" at one of the
vacation rentals. I am bringing back Windsor Wall each trip in my 3/4 ton
Dodge. They bring out a palate that has on 144 blocks. I bought 120. They
start taking blocks and loading them in my truck on the original now empty
palette I brought back. I stop them after four, and say, here's an empty
palate. Load 24 of these on the empty palate, and give me the palate that
has 120 on it, I say. That way you only have to handle 24 instead of 120.
Duh.

They looked at me like I was Einstein.

But that's not the end of the story. The clerk tells me I can get these
special delivered to my store in St. George no extra charge, and that's 20
miles from my house. Double Duh. I've been just getting a load every time
I have to go to Vegas on business.

The good news is that I got 18.5 mpg on my computer readout at 65 mph.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOaJUjCDhoE

Thanks!

Hitachi is a decent brand of tools.

I like decent. Got my grabby hands on the tool today. It was a display
sample, not exact model, but I like the tool.

I had to leave the store; instead, of spending MORE money.

Ask the guy --no we don't have that.

I found in a 10 minute period.

This guy was from Vegas.

Went to Sportsman's Paradise yesterday looking for boat roller.

Don't carry them.

Found it in the boating section.

Where are all these people who are educated and unemployed and looking for
work?

Steve