Posted to alt.home.repair

Default poly pipe into crawlspace

I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , stryped wrote:
I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense.

No. It doesn't.

Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Use whatever the hell it takes to get the job done. Damn, dude. You spend five
hours asking how to do a one-hour repair. Repeatedly.

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Ever heard of paint? Did it occur to you to go to a _different_ store and get
plastic or brass fittings instead? Did it occur to you that any steel fitting
DESIGNED FOR CONTACT WITH WATER just possibly might ALREADY HAVE a
rust-resistant coating? (Hint: that's how you tell the difference between
steel gas pipe and water pipe.)

Sheesh.

Any help is appreciated!

Stryped, the best and smartest thing you could do for yourself would be to buy
a copy of the Reader's Digest Complete Do-it-Yourself Manual, and read it
cover to cover.
http://www.amazon.com/New-Complete-D.../dp/0895773783
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 24, 9:08*am, stryped wrote:
I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!

No, I'm confused. A picture would probably help a lot. Post one
using space your isp gives you or at one of those free photo sites.
Also need to know where you are geographically, depth won't matter in
miami but sure as hell will in montana.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

stryped wrote:
I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!

Unless there's something far different than what I'm imagining, you
should run the hole thru the foundation wall under grade and come up
inside instead of outside (assuming this is water, not gas). Else't
you're going to have a freeze problem.

The ditch is deep enough to satisfy local codes on both frost line and
hazard protection, right? I thought so...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 24, 8:08*am, stryped wrote:
I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4 inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!

Oh you live in south Florida you are fine. What is code on freeze
depth, im about 3ft in Zone 5, so I guess a bit below grade grade is
southern Florida, ive had squirrels eat my hose for water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If I am understanding what you obviously don't, you are trying to
roll the plastic up out of the ditch in too tight of a curve. God
makes right angle fittings that work well with the pipe. Once you
are into the crawl space, install an el and bring the pipe up
where you need it. It would be a good place to change to whatever
material you will be using inside. I would install a shut off
outside below frost line that would let you isolate the garage if
need be. It might be nice to be able to drain the garage lines if
things are prone to freezing.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"stryped" wrote in message
I have my pipe in the ditch. I have a hole in the block foudation
of
the cral space. The hole is not much below grade. I have a 1 1/4
inch
pipe through the hole to run the pipe through but the problem is
that
when the pipe goes up out of the ditch it "sticks" out not much
above
grade if that makes sense. Should I only use poly in the ditch
then
use pvc with a 90 up through the block foundation and into the
crawlspace?

Also, I have steel fittings I am using as that is all the store
had.
Is there a quick way to make them rust resistant?

Any help is appreciated!

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
I've had squirrels eat my hose for water.

That sounds painful!

Jon