Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to post pictures?

I am about to take pictures of my basement to get opinions
on what I should and should not do in a DIY remodeling
project. Where should I post them?

Dick

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:
I am about to take pictures of my basement to get opinions
on what I should and should not do in a DIY remodeling
project. Where should I post them?

Dick

There is Google Picasa and many others.

http://www.imageshack.us/

http://www.photonugget.com/

http://tinypic.com/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://img199.imageshack.us/
Worked for me.

http://tinypic.com/r/6gv30z/4

Tinypic worked, too.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
I am about to take pictures of my basement to get opinions
on what I should and should not do in a DIY remodeling
project. Where should I post them?

Dick

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote the following:
I am about to take pictures of my basement to get opinions
on what I should and should not do in a DIY remodeling
project. Where should I post them?

Dick

There are a number of free picture hosting services on the web,
ImageShack and Photobucket are only two.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
www.photobucket.com

Please don't use photobucket, they make it next to impossible to download
the pictures in anything other than .bmp format, and they have *way* too
many ads.

Use tinypic, or imageshack (if you can figure out how to direct link to the
image so we don't have to see the ads).

Best is to use the webspace your ISP has given to you, but that's likely
beyond the skillset of most people.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
www.photobucket.com

Please don't use photobucket, they make it next to impossible to download
the pictures in anything other than .bmp format, and they have *way* too
many ads.

I just went to photobucket, clicked a random choice from the "most viewed"
list, clicked download, and the file format was jpg. No bmp format offered.
Is it possible the format you download will always match whatever the
original upload format was?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
I am about to take pictures of my basement to get opinions
on what I should and should not do in a DIY remodeling
project. Where should I post them?

Dick

www.flickr.com

on usenet at "alt.binaries.(???)" {work, anything, pictures, ...}
pick a spot.

"alt.home.repair" ought to have a companion binary drop like
"alt.binaries.home.repair" for sharing such pics but those other
file hosts work too

robb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:53:37 -0500, "robb" wrote:

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
I am about to take pictures of my basement to get opinions
on what I should and should not do in a DIY remodeling
project. Where should I post them?

Dick

www.flickr.com

on usenet at "alt.binaries.(???)" {work, anything, pictures, ...}
pick a spot.

"alt.home.repair" ought to have a companion binary drop like
"alt.binaries.home.repair" for sharing such pics but those other
file hosts work too

robb

This is the least desirable way for many reasons.

The main reason is that not everyone has access to Usenet or binary
groups.

I use Tinypic
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:53:37 -0500, "robb" wrote:

on usenet at "alt.binaries.(???)" {work, anything, pictures, ...}
pick a spot.

"alt.home.repair" ought to have a companion binary drop like
"alt.binaries.home.repair" for sharing such pics but those other
file hosts work too

robb

I disagree, completely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
www.photobucket.com

Please don't use photobucket, they make it next to impossible to download
the pictures in anything other than .bmp format, and they have *way* too
many ads.

I just went to photobucket, clicked a random choice from the "most viewed"
list, clicked download, and the file format was jpg. No bmp format offered.
Is it possible the format you download will always match whatever the
original upload format was?

Most likely appear in format same as upload. It would be nice if folks
paid attention to the resolution of their images so's those of us with
slow connections don't have to wait 10 minutes for a photo of a shingle )
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
I am about to take pictures of my basement to get opinions
on what I should and should not do in a DIY remodeling
project. Where should I post them?

Dick

I use www.flickr.com

Easy and free.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:36:16 -0500, "
wrote:

Most likely appear in format same as upload. It would be nice if folks
paid attention to the resolution of their images so's those of us with
slow connections don't have to wait 10 minutes for a photo of a shingle )

We could make them black and white photos. That would speed you up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

on usenet at "alt.binaries.(???)" {work, anything, pictures,

....}
pick a spot.

"alt.home.repair" ought to have a companion binary drop like
"alt.binaries.home.repair" for sharing such pics but those

other
file hosts work too

robb

I disagree, completely.

That makes you very disagreeable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 20:01:46 -0500, "robb" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

on usenet at "alt.binaries.(???)" {work, anything, pictures,

...}
pick a spot.

"alt.home.repair" ought to have a companion binary drop like
"alt.binaries.home.repair" for sharing such pics but those

other
file hosts work too

robb

I disagree, completely.

That makes you very disagreeable.

Yeah, but some here would agree. No need for another Usenet group,
countless threads telling them how to post a picture.

YMMV

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote:

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
www.photobucket.com

Please don't use photobucket, they make it next to impossible to download
the pictures in anything other than .bmp format, and they have *way* too
many ads.

Huh? All I've seen are jpg's- and some videos that I've uploaded. I
think you download what was uploaded.

Ads? I've never noticed them, but had to go look at my pages. A
banner across the top & a small ad in a side column. Less than 20%
of the page. Small price to pay for being able to store & share
500mb of images and videos.

[OK- this time I hit a damn sears ad that popped up if you hovered
over it. Annoying, but still photobucket is a good deal and simple
to use]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2009 7:41 AM bud-- spake thus:

Steve B wrote:

When I post pictures on flickr, I download them to flickr, go back to their
home, hit PHOTOSTREAM, photos come up, copy short url that never wraps,
simple.

Can add tags and descriptions that tell what it is or ask your question.
Check out flickr.

Are tags and descriptions searchable by google.

Yes.

If you want to post, for example, a schematic of a Foobar 483Z, where do
you post where "Foobar 483Z" is searchable?

If you're talking about Flickr, put it either in a tag, in the
description, or both places. Simple.

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to alt.home.repair

s.com...

Steve B wrote:

When I post pictures on flickr, I download them to flickr, go back to
their home, hit PHOTOSTREAM, photos come up, copy short url that never
wraps, simple.

Can add tags and descriptions that tell what it is or ask your question.
Check out flickr.

Are tags and descriptions searchable by google.

Yes.

If you want to post, for example, a schematic of a Foobar 483Z, where do
you post where "Foobar 483Z" is searchable?

If you're talking about Flickr, put it either in a tag, in the
description, or both places. Simple.

There may be as good or better places to post pictures for free. But
without going to a binary group, which lots of people can't access, I like
flickr. Maybe if I had tried photobucket, I'd like that better, but flickr
works for me, is free, and is very user friendly. It also is very
googleable.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

Best is to use the webspace your ISP has given to you, but that's likely
beyond the skillset of most people.

Agree on both counts.