Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default A new thing to worry about

In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

From generic antenna installation instructions, from
www.terrestrial-digital.com

After a page of warnings about grounding, power lines and windy days,
more warnings:

WARNING
Do not attempt to install if drunk, pregnant or both.
Do not eat antenna.
Do not throw antenna at spouse.

I guess that's one of those "direct translation from the Chinese" things,
but here's a serious one I saw the other day on a building compound gate at
my local supermarket where they are doing some refurbing. It said

"No alcohol or drugs to be used on this site"

What is the world coming to ?

I wonder what your employment laws are like over there? To me, a sign
like that constitutes fair and legal notice to workmen that they can be
lawfully dismissed (fired) if they're using on the job. Without such
notice, they can readily defend themselves simply by saying they were
never advised that drinking wasn't allowed by company policy. It also
likely fulfills insurance policy requirements.

I saw a book a few years ago titled "How to Hire and Fire in California
Without Getting Sued." An example: An employee comes in late three days
a week, and has many unexcused absences. If you fire him for it, you'd
better have documented proof that you've kept attendance records on all
employees, to prove you didn't single him out. Also proof that he
received the company policy manual that clearly states acceptable and
unacceptable levels of tardiness and absenteeism.

But you probably knew all that, and were just being rhetorical.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:

I saw a book a few years ago titled "How to Hire and Fire in
California Without Getting Sued." An example: An employee comes in
late three days a week, and has many unexcused absences. If you fire
him for it, you'd better have documented proof that you've kept
attendance records on all employees, to prove you didn't single him
out. Also proof that he received the company policy manual that
clearly states acceptable and unacceptable levels of tardiness and
absenteeism.

It is very difficult to fire a California employee by the state-approved
methods.

The most common ways to rid yourself of a troublesome priest is to:

A) Frame them. Put something in their work-station or desk that is
absolutely prohibited: alcohol, a gun, illicit drugs, a collection of porno
mags, or download some child porn to their workplace computer.

B) Kill them, or at least beat them severely.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

From generic antenna installation instructions, from
[...]

Employment laws pretty much the same here, and you're quite right on what
exactly that sign was about. Just struck me as a sad state of affairs when
you have to advise someone who has actually *got* a job, that it could be in
jeopardy if they start boozing or using illegal substances whilst they are
supposed to be doing that job. As to the singling out of employees for what
you as an employer consider to be unacceptable behaviour or performance,
this whole area is an absolute minefield here now, especially since this
rotten government of ours, has allowed much of our employment law to now be
dictated by Johnny Foreigner across the water ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:14:20 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

[...]

The guy had a Top Secret clearance. I wouldn't spend twenty dollars
for a whore to get pictures of this guy. I could have, but girls cost
more today.

Instead, I capture his American Flag. He never knew who defeated him!

B) Kill them, or at least beat them severely.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 02:04:38 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

From generic antenna installation instructions, from
[...]

Federal Civil Service workers here are protected by the Merit Systems
Protection Board.

Say 80% of those fired, then appeal. Fact is they get their job back,
back pay and benefits, even if they had sex with a prisoner :-/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 02:04:38 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Arfa Daily" wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

From generic antenna installation instructions, from
[...]

A new thing to worry about mm Electronics Repair 82 December 17th 09 12:59 AM
efflorescence, or something to worry about ? Colin Wilson UK diy 2 August 27th 07 10:51 AM
Something to worry about? JackShephard Electronic Schematics 1 June 7th 07 11:03 AM
painting worry Rich Home Repair 13 April 5th 07 01:37 PM
What's this leaky thing in my boiler...? - thing.jpg (0/1) fred UK diy 9 August 21st 04 10:51 PM