Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SCOTUS filings re Chicago Gun Ban

Here's the basic petition:
http://www.chicagoguncase.com/wp-con.../08-1521ts.pdf

The plaintiffs are arguing "privileges and immunities" clause of the 14th
Amendment, AND the "due process" clause. The first leads them to asking
SCOTUS to overturn several seminal decisions (Slaughterhouse, Cruickshank,
and Presser). In petitioner's words:

"... probably the worst holding, in its effect on human rights, ever uttered
by the Supreme Court.... The decision, and its progeny, lack legitimacy.
Faced with a clear conflict between precedent and the Constitution, this
Court should uphold the Constitution."

THAT should get the court's attention!

The NRA's brief is he
http://www.nraila.org/pdfs/NRA08-1521.pdf

And the NRA sums up by saying: If the privileges and immunities clause
doesn't incorporate the 2nd Amendment, then the Court should re-visit the
applicable precedents to discover just what the **** earlier courts were
doing and take steps to correct this ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oops! Wrong group!

My apologies.

Meant to send this to the tx.guns newsgroup but got all confused. That
happens to me sometimes when I'm involved with guns.

Still, there are some interesting posts over there, including a
demonstration of how to rack the slide on a Glock with only one hand.

Unfortunately, the anti-gunners will surely use this technique to point out
that gun-nuts need to have that OTHER hand free for unspeakable activities.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:10:07 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

My apologies.

Meant to send this to the tx.guns newsgroup but got all confused. That
happens to me sometimes when I'm involved with guns.

Which is precisely why we are hesitant to let you have any.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ah, well. Mistakes were made. I mispost stuff, now and
again.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus