Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faucet spout

I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult to move
from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what type of lube do
I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks
tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

twfsa wrote:
I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult to move
from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what type of lube do
I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks
tom

Hi,
If you can find food grade Lubriplate grease, this is good choice.
Maybe O ring is getting too old?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"twfsa" wrote in message
I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult to
move from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what type of
lube do I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks
tom

You can use O ring lube, a silicone based stuff made for that purpose, or it
may be better to replace the O ring if it has swollen over time.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 15, 11:30*am, "twfsa" wrote:
I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult to move
from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what type of lube do
I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks
tom

Silicone grease ought to do well. It is benign to most rubber
formulations. If the box store doesn't have it, get some spark plug
boot release at an auto parts store which is essentially silicone
grease. Make sure the o-ring contact areas are super smooth and all
traces of water deposits are gone.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

twfsa wrote:
I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult to move
from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what type of lube do
I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks
tom

at Lowes

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...693&lpage=none

Danco Silicon Grease

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"twfsa" wrote in
:

I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult
to move from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what
type of lube do I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks
tom

When I had a problem with my Moen kitchen faucet, they offered to send me
replacement parts free of charge, or a replacement faucet for next to
nothing (I think I paid $65 including 2-day shipping). Maybe calling the
manufacturer would give you the definitive and authoritative answer?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Nov 2009 20:11:17 GMT, Han wrote:

"twfsa" wrote in
:

I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult
to move from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what
type of lube do I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks
tom

When I had a problem with my Moen kitchen faucet, they offered to send me
replacement parts free of charge, or a replacement faucet for next to
nothing (I think I paid $65 including 2-day shipping). Maybe calling the
manufacturer would give you the definitive and authoritative answer?

Actually, I think he got a "definitive and authoritative answer" right
here.

Food grade: Silicone Grease, that I happen to call plumber's grease.

The O-rings on my pool filter are sprayed with a spray can silicon.

OP, if you get to the O-rings you might as well replace them while
you're in there. YMMV
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Nov 15, 3:19*pm, Oren wrote:
[...]

If it is a moen tap they have the lubercant in their oring kit
warranty part