Jim

Default Replacement kitchen faucet spout

Discovered I have a fine line crack in the spout of my Delex brand
kitchen faucet assembly. Because we use a portable dishwasher this
becomes quite apparent as a fine mist emits from that crack.

Generally I'd replace the whole thing. But in the near future I'm
planning a kitchen upgrade project where all that will change anyway.
Hence at this time I'm looking to make a temporary fix on the cheap.

Ideally I'd like to replace the spout alone but Google doesn't seem to
be of much help finding parts. Entire assemblies yes, parts no. Any
chance Delex is another sub-brand of another? Parts interchangeable?
Sourced from where? Are there such things as standard parts in the
kitchen faucet arena?

If worse comes to worse I'll try some JB Weld for a temporary patch.

Looking for options other than replacing the entire assembly.
Speedy Jim

Jim wrote:

Discovered I have a fine line crack in the spout of my Delex brand
kitchen faucet assembly. Because we use a portable dishwasher this
becomes quite apparent as a fine mist emits from that crack.

Generally I'd replace the whole thing. But in the near future I'm
planning a kitchen upgrade project where all that will change anyway.
Hence at this time I'm looking to make a temporary fix on the cheap.

Ideally I'd like to replace the spout alone but Google doesn't seem to
be of much help finding parts. Entire assemblies yes, parts no. Any
chance Delex is another sub-brand of another? Parts interchangeable?
Sourced from where? Are there such things as standard parts in the
kitchen faucet arena?

If worse comes to worse I'll try some JB Weld for a temporary patch.

Looking for options other than replacing the entire assembly.

DELEX is Delta 2-handle. Spouts are available as a replacement
part but the cost will be very close to a complete faucet.
When you remodel, look for a faucet with a heavy cast spout.

Jim
Jim

DELEX is Delta 2-handle. Spouts are available as a replacement
part but the cost will be very close to a complete faucet.
When you remodel, look for a faucet with a heavy cast spout.

Jim

As presently installed a full replacement is a hassle. Solid feeder
lines leading to a valve in the basement. Hence desire to fix just the
spout at this time.