Decij

Default Can This Spout Be Repaired?

My bathtup spout is getting old and discolored (It is silver colored and
looks like aluminum to me.) I tried to buy a new one, but the pipe that
connects to the spout was too short for the spout (about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch
too short), so the spout didn't connect right although the threads would have
fit. I tried lime away and that did not help much either. Therefore, I am
wondering if there is something like paint or some finish that I could put on
the spout that would improve its appearance. Any help would be appreciated.

JD
Edwin Pawlowski

"Decij" wrote in message
My bathtup spout is getting old and discolored (It is silver

colored and
looks like aluminum to me.) I tried to buy a new one, but the pipe that
connects to the spout was too short for the spout (about 1/2 inch to 3/4

inch
too short), so the spout didn't connect right although the threads would

have
fit. I tried lime away and that did not help much either. Therefore, I

am
wondering if there is something like paint or some finish that I could put

on
the spout that would improve its appearance. Any help would be

appreciated.

JD

Most paints will not hold up for long, but may look OK for a short time. Is
the spout worthy of serious repair? You could have it plated.
Ed

Decij

Just an old average spout. I was hoping to avoid the hassle of installing a
new one.

JD