Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Faucet spout

On Nov 15, 3:19*pm, Oren wrote:
On 15 Nov 2009 20:11:17 GMT, Han wrote:

"twfsa" wrote in
:

I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult
to move from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what
type of lube do I need to ask for at the big box store?

thanks
tom

When I had a problem with my Moen kitchen faucet, they offered to send me
replacement parts free of charge, or a replacement faucet for next to
nothing (I think I paid $65 including 2-day shipping). *Maybe calling the
manufacturer would give you the definitive and authoritative answer?

Actually, I think he got a "definitive and authoritative answer" right
here.

Food grade: Silicone Grease, that I happen to call plumber's grease.

The O-rings *on my pool filter are sprayed with a spray can silicon.

OP, if you get to the O-rings you might as well replace them while
you're in there. YMMV

If it is a moen tap they have the lubercant in their oring kit
warranty part