Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Regular drywall in bathroom

Hi,

Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one.

Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty
good primer?

Thanks,

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 10, 7:21*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one.

Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty
good primer?

Thanks,

Aaron

If it's outside the shower you should be fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:21:30 -0500, Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one.

Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty
good primer?

Thanks,

Aaron

Not critical, but nice to use moisture resistant, especially around the
tub/shower.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi,

Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one.

Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty
good primer?

Thanks,

Aaron

If your bathroom is well-ventilated and there has never been a
mold/mildew issue regular drywall is fine. I use the green
drywall--the paper is treated. Go with a good brand of primer and
paint and you'll be all set.