DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Regular drywall in bathroom (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/291526-regular-drywall-bathroom.html)

Aaron Fude November 11th 09 12:21 AM

Regular drywall in bathroom

Hi,

Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one.

Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty
good primer?

Thanks,

Aaron

Mikepier November 11th 09 01:12 AM

On Nov 10, 7:21*pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one.

Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty
good primer?

Thanks,

Aaron

If it's outside the shower you should be fine.

Michael Dobony November 11th 09 01:51 PM

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:21:30 -0500, Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one.

Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty
good primer?

Thanks,

Aaron

Not critical, but nice to use moisture resistant, especially around the
tub/shower.

Phisherman[_2_] November 12th 09 11:13 PM

wrote:

Hi,

Don't have a sheet of purple board when I need one.

Will I have problems if I use regular drywall, but coat it with a pretty
good primer?

Thanks,

Aaron

If your bathroom is well-ventilated and there has never been a
mold/mildew issue regular drywall is fine. I use the green
drywall--the paper is treated. Go with a good brand of primer and
paint and you'll be all set.