higgins

Default Drywall patching in the bathroom

What paint and spackle should I be using in my bathroom?? Two years
ago, I replaced a towel bar right next to my shower, yanking out the
wall anchors, patching, priming and painting the holes, then moving the
new bar down the wall a bit. But the paint is now peeling in a way I've
never seen with latex. Did I use the wrong spackling compound or the
wrong pait or both???

Xeno Chauvin

"higgins" wrote in message
ups.com...
What paint and spackle should I be using in my bathroom?? Two years
ago, I replaced a towel bar right next to my shower, yanking out the
wall anchors, patching, priming and painting the holes, then moving the
new bar down the wall a bit. But the paint is now peeling in a way I've
never seen with latex. Did I use the wrong spackling compound or the
wrong pait or both???

Is the paint peeling "just" where you patched or "around" the holes you
patched?
If it's peeling just at the patched holes, sand them, repaint them
and don't fog up the bathroom for at least 12 hours.
You use the term "spackle" are you sure you didn't
use "waterproof" white silicon caulk?
Xeno

higgins

no, I used Dap "whatever" drywall spackling compound that I had
leftover from another job. Vinyl, probably.