Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Current Harbor Freight Catalogs

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to show all
current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2009 7:14 PM Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to show all
current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them ("SAVE
OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 11/6/2009 7:14 PM Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to
show all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them
("SAVE OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

SNIP

Great. Would you mind telling the rest of us how to get this coupon
book?

Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob-tx wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 11/6/2009 7:14 PM Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to
show all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them
("SAVE OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

SNIP

Great. Would you mind telling the rest of us how to get this coupon
book?

You've got to fill out a form to get on their mailing list. I'm sure their
web site has such a form and the retail stores can fix you up. I suspect you
can go to one of the "Black Friday" web sites and find the coupons, too.
With their latest catalog you can save (examples):

60% - 10" pneumatic tire ($3.99)
50% - Welder's leather apron and gloves ($9.99)
40% - Electric chain saw sharpener ($29.99)
70% - 3.5" LED flashlight, 2 pack ($2.99)
45% - Pack of latex gloves ($4.39)
65% - 80-piece rotary tool set ($6.99)
50% - 1 lb Rubber Mallet (99¢)
80% - Wire brush (39¢)
29% - Bench brush ($1.89)
50% - Industrial ear muffs ($1.99)
52% - Orbital hand sander ($8.49)
35% - 4x12' Canvas drop cloth ($6.49)
52% - Industrial C-Clamp ($2.29)
75% - Digital 7-function multimeter ($1.99)
60% - Non-contact pocket thermometer ($7.99)
40% - Security color/IR camera ($29.99) I've got one. Hooks up to $16.00
video card for the computer to continuously record stuff. Works in the dark.

And dozens of other dohickeys.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to show all
current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

How does HF compare to Cummins Tools? Cummins used to set up 1 day
truck load sales in my area a couple times a year but they don't
anymore. The closest HF is about 48 miles from me but I suppose it
would be worth it if I'm buying something heavy. (I will need an engine
stand soon) I just signed up to recieve ads from HF via mail and email.
From what I have seen, Cummins and HF seem to be about the same
quality (or lack of), what do others think?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Tony wrote:
Red Green wrote:
Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to show
all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

How does HF compare to Cummins Tools? Cummins used to set up 1 day
truck load sales in my area a couple times a year but they don't
anymore. The closest HF is about 48 miles from me but I suppose it
would be worth it if I'm buying something heavy. (I will need an engine
stand soon) I just signed up to recieve ads from HF via mail and email.
From what I have seen, Cummins and HF seem to be about the same quality
(or lack of), what do others think?

Yeah, they and a bunch of others swarm around are all essentially
interchangeable. Altho at least one went belly-up a couple years ago or
so--don't recall if it was Cummins or another, nor do I know whether it
was just a ploy to reorganize under a new monikor.

The one advantage of HF is that they have been there and are at least
reasonably good at fulfilling cases of DOA and similar absolute
disasters whereas the traveling medicine shows are just that.

I drop in on one now and then but I can't recall when I last saw
anything that was either inexpensive enough I thought it was an actual
value or if was looking for some specific whatever that the sample of
the whatever they had was decent-enough I'd take it home...

I'd guess all these outfits use the same general set of manufacturers
simply branding stuff for them w/ minor differences in cases, etc. In
some cases you can see that they're the same tool w/ a different switch
or other trivial detail that makes them just slightly off of being
identical.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob-tx" wrote in :

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 11/6/2009 7:14 PM Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to
show all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them
("SAVE OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

SNIP

Great. Would you mind telling the rest of us how to get this coupon
book?

Bob-tx

After Thanksgiving sale:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...File=2381.html

Mailings & online coupons/offers:

http://www.harborfreight22.com/MailPreferences
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to
show all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them
("SAVE OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

I buy stuff from them all the time and get their catalogs every month
and never got any coupons.

You have to sign up at the harborfreightusa.com site. Note the "usa" at the
end of the URL; it's a different department.

You'll get email coupons (a lot of 15% and 20% lately), plus the coupons in
the mail. I have heard it might take awhile (maybe in the past?) before you
start getting them; I've been signed up for a few years now, and it's like
clockwork for me.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
Van Chocstraw wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to
show all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do
Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them
("SAVE OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

I buy stuff from them all the time and get their catalogs every month
and never got any coupons.

You have to sign up at the harborfreightusa.com site. Note the "usa"
at the end of the URL; it's a different department.

You'll get email coupons (a lot of 15% and 20% lately), plus the
coupons in the mail. I have heard it might take awhile (maybe in the
past?) before you start getting them; I've been signed up for a few
years now, and it's like clockwork for me.

Jon

I never sign up to get garbage emails. That's probably why.

I have a separate email addy for that kind of stuff.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
Van Chocstraw wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
Red Green spake thus:

[...]

They are not EMAILS, they are SNAIL-MAILS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2009 2:33 AM Bob-tx spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

On 11/6/2009 7:14 PM Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to
show all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them
("SAVE OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

Great. Would you mind telling the rest of us how to get this coupon
book?

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they had my
name & address. But as others point out, you can just sign up for their
mailing list. They're happy to send you the junk mail.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2009 8:17 AM Jon Danniken spake thus:

Van Chocstraw wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to
show all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them
("SAVE OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

I buy stuff from them all the time and get their catalogs every month
and never got any coupons.

You have to sign up at the harborfreightusa.com site. Note the "usa" at the
end of the URL; it's a different department.

You'll get email coupons (a lot of 15% and 20% lately), plus the coupons in
the mail. I have heard it might take awhile (maybe in the past?) before you
start getting them; I've been signed up for a few years now, and it's like
clockwork for me.

You can do that. However, as I pointed out elsewhere, you'll also get
the coupons if you register a warranty or buy an extended warranty; I'm
sure that's how I got on their list, 'cause I never signed up for
anything. (I don't get email, only real mail.)

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
Van Chocstraw wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
Red Green spake thus:

[...]

Get a disposable Email address. There are many free ones
available, I have at least six.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:45:33 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they had my
name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How much?
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:

You can do that. However, as I pointed out elsewhere, you'll also get
the coupons if you register a warranty or buy an extended warranty;
I'm sure that's how I got on their list, 'cause I never signed up for
anything. (I don't get email, only real mail.)

I do get emails. Lately it's been at least every other week, often every
week, in which I get a 15% or a 20% off coupon in my inbox. This is in
addition to the coupons I also get in the snail mail.

It's pretty much a no-brainer if you shop there with any frequency.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

You can do that. However, as I pointed out elsewhere, you'll also get
the coupons if you register a warranty or buy an extended warranty;
I'm sure that's how I got on their list, 'cause I never signed up for
anything. (I don't get email, only real mail.)

I do get emails. Lately it's been at least every other week, often
every week, in which I get a 15% or a 20% off coupon in my inbox.
This is in addition to the coupons I also get in the snail mail.

It's pretty much a no-brainer if you shop there with any frequency.

Jon

if you shop there with any frequency.

Even if you don't, it's good crapper readin'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:19pbf5dubpefu04g35h3gho1n2sp8nranp@
4ax.com:

wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they had my
name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How much?

Took the Q right outta my fingers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

You can do that. However, as I pointed out elsewhere, you'll also get
the coupons if you register a warranty or buy an extended warranty;
I'm sure that's how I got on their list, 'cause I never signed up for
anything. (I don't get email, only real mail.)

I do get emails. Lately it's been at least every other week, often
every week, in which I get a 15% or a 20% off coupon in my inbox.
This is in addition to the coupons I also get in the snail mail.

It's pretty much a no-brainer if you shop there with any frequency.

Jon

They online ones used to be all 20%. Seems the last few are all 15%.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote:

You have to sign up at the harborfreightusa.com site. Note the "usa" at the
end of the URL; it's a different department.

www.harborfreight.com is their web store, www.harborfreightusa.com is their B&M
web site. They also have www.harborfreighttools.com just to make things
confusing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Neville wrote in
:

"Jon Danniken" wrote:

You have to sign up at the harborfreightusa.com site. Note the "usa"
at the end of the URL; it's a different department.

www.harborfreight.com is their web store, www.harborfreightusa.com is
their B&M web site. They also have www.harborfreighttools.com just to
make things confusing.

www.harborfreightusa.com doesn't show prices.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

I do get emails. Lately it's been at least every other week, often
every week, in which I get a 15% or a 20% off coupon in my inbox.
This is in addition to the coupons I also get in the snail mail.

It's pretty much a no-brainer if you shop there with any frequency.

Jon

They online ones used to be all 20%. Seems the last few are all 15%.

Aye, I have noticed that as a well, but fortunately they show up more
frequently. There was a 25% one a year or so ago, which I used it to get my
4x6 bandsaw for $150. That one was well-appreciated.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they had my
name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How much?

Took the Q right outta my fingers.

Also just about every magazine, like Wood, PM, PS etc have a HF add in the
back with a 15 or 20% coupon in them also.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2009 1:24 PM Oren spake thus:

wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they had my
name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How much?

Can't remember exactly, but 'tweren't much; I think $5? What the hell;
at that price, still a steal.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they
had my name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How much?

Can't remember exactly, but 'tweren't much; I think $5? What the hell;
at that price, still a steal.

Last week I bought a mouse pad at Best Buy for 99¢.

They asked if I wanted the extended warranty.

I asked them if I looked like David Nebenzahl.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they
had my name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How much?

Can't remember exactly, but 'tweren't much; I think $5? What the hell;
at that price, still a steal.

Last week I bought a mouse pad at Best Buy for 99¢.

They asked if I wanted the extended warranty.

I asked them if I looked like David Nebenzahl.

I always read extended warranties for mouse pads. The clerk can allow
me to read them, as I hold up the cashier line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's bizarre. I get coupons regularly. And frequently,
too.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in
message

I buy stuff from them all the time and get their catalogs
every month
and never got any coupons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HF has a 5.95 per order (might be more, now) per order fee.
Free shipping over $50. So, they will free freight your
heavy item.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it.
Seems to show all
current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

How does HF compare to Cummins Tools? Cummins used to set
up 1 day
truck load sales in my area a couple times a year but they
don't
anymore. The closest HF is about 48 miles from me but I
suppose it
would be worth it if I'm buying something heavy. (I will
need an engine
stand soon) I just signed up to recieve ads from HF via
mail and email.
From what I have seen, Cummins and HF seem to be about the
same
quality (or lack of), what do others think?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Me, three! The sawzalls go on sale for twenty bucks. I've
been tempted to buy one as a spare, but the one I have I use
so seldom. Can always buy one later. I've got spares of so
many items, already.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message
Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a
power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for,
so they had my
name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How
much?

Took the Q right outta my fingers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's priceless. Thanks for the laugh.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a
power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for,
so they
had my name & address.

Last week I bought a mouse pad at Best Buy for 99¢.

They asked if I wanted the extended warranty.

I asked them if I looked like David Nebenzahl.

Posted to alt.home.repair

So many exclusions. Hardly worth the $19.95 warranty.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message

I always read extended warranties for mouse pads. The clerk
can allow
me to read them, as I hold up the cashier line.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hd6krb
:

Me, three! The sawzalls go on sale for twenty bucks. I've
been tempted to buy one as a spare, but the one I have I use
so seldom. Can always buy one later. I've got spares of so
many items, already.

I picked up one of the cheapo electric ones for when a task would kill all
my batteries too fast. Blade takes some fiddling to get placed right and
has to be locked in with a hex wrench. Hey, it worked good for cutting some
bush roots below ground.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in
message

I buy stuff from them all the time and get their catalogs
every month and never got any coupons.

then "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

That's bizarre. I get coupons regularly. And frequently,
too.

Hrmphh. I never get any coupons either. [catalogs on occassion-
mostly from the online store, not local fliers]

I frequent the local store-- I've ordered online. I've filled out
the form and given them an email address that works.

I was sure it was regional-- but you're only a couple hours west of
me, so who knows. [I'm near Albany & if I recall correctly, you're
in Rochester. .. NY, right?]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/6/2009 7:14 PM Red Green spake thus:

Ran across this link. Maybe old news but I never saw it. Seems to
show all current printed HF catalogs.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do

Handy, but it doesn't show the coupon book I just got from them
("SAVE OVER $1350 with SUPER COUPONS!"). (This is for their "after
Thanksgiving" sale, 11/27-29.)

I don't see where those coupons save any more than their regular sale
catalogs.

Regular price for the orange angle grinder (91223) is $29.99. Sale price is
$19.99. Coupon price is $17.99.

That is one example of many.

If it isn't on sale, the 15%/20% coupons make it (or anything else not on
sale) available at a discounted price.

Shop smart, or spend more; it's your choice.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

I got the swivel head sheet metal shear for a project. You
have to loosen the allen wrench screw to turn the head, but
that's OK. Like you say, it gets "a" job done. Well worth
the money.

Their sawzall blades are cheap enough, you can burn them
out, cutting roots, and not get too worried.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

I picked up one of the cheapo electric ones for when a task
would kill all
my batteries too fast. Blade takes some fiddling to get
placed right and
has to be locked in with a hex wrench. Hey, it worked good
for cutting some
bush roots below ground.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2009 5:11 PM HeyBub spake thus:

wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they
had my name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How much?

Can't remember exactly, but 'tweren't much; I think $5? What the hell;
at that price, still a steal.

Last week I bought a mouse pad at Best Buy for 99¢.

They asked if I wanted the extended warranty.

I asked them if I looked like David Nebenzahl.

OK, I guess I deserved that.

In my defense, harrumph, I should say that I don't suggest that anyone
else buy these extended warranties. I bought mine in a moment of
weakness: I hadn't bought any HF power tools for a long time. It looked
like a great deal (I always tell people: $20 for a sawzall? How could I
*not* buy one?), but I blame the FUD that I'd heard about these tools
for my wanting to hedge my bet against the tool wearing out.

Had I to do it over again, I wouldn't waste money on such a warranty.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Me neither. I would invest in Wheat pennies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2009 5:40 PM Oren spake thus:

wrote:

Had I to do it over again, I wouldn't waste money on such a warranty.

Me neither. I would invest in Wheat pennies.

So, do you know if those are worth anything (meaning more than 1¢ each)?
Just wondering because I have a bunch of them. Don't really care, since
I just like the way they look, but I'm curious.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Had I to do it over again, I wouldn't waste money on such a warranty.

Me neither. I would invest in Wheat pennies.

So, do you know if those are worth anything (meaning more than 1¢ each)?
Just wondering because I have a bunch of them. Don't really care, since
I just like the way they look, but I'm curious.

The joy they can bring to a curious kid is priceless. Unless BU
condition, probably not worth much to a collector. Somewhere, I have the
1/4 populated blue penny folders my Grandpa gave me when I was a wee
lad. I think the folders only run through 1970 or so. One of these days,
I will go through my most recent penny jug and populate as many of the
holes as I can. Too bad my previous penny jugs, with older pennies in
them, got stolen. I save every wheat-back I notice in my hand.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Had I to do it over again, I wouldn't waste money on such a warranty.

Me neither. I would invest in Wheat pennies.

So, do you know if those are worth anything (meaning more than 1¢ each)?
Just wondering because I have a bunch of them. Don't really care, since
I just like the way they look, but I'm curious.

The joy they can bring to a curious kid is priceless. Unless BU
condition, probably not worth much to a collector. Somewhere, I have the
1/4 populated blue penny folders my Grandpa gave me when I was a wee
lad. I think the folders only run through 1970 or so. One of these days,
I will go through my most recent penny jug and populate as many of the
holes as I can. Too bad my previous penny jugs, with older pennies in
them, got stolen. I save every wheat-back I notice in my hand.

--
aem sends...

Off to Harbor Freight [email protected] Woodworking 19 April 4th 09 10:17 PM
Harbor Freight tmurf.1 Home Repair 30 May 26th 06 07:31 PM
Harbor Freight does it again... Pete C. Metalworking 58 January 11th 06 04:36 AM
How often do you get Harbor Freight catalogs? Lewis Woodworking 6 January 13th 05 12:58 AM
Harbor Freight Catalogs -- So many! Patrick Metalworking 10 September 20th 03 02:20 PM