Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Current Harbor Freight Catalogs

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 17:18:10 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 11/7/2009 5:11 PM HeyBub spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 11/7/2009 1:24 PM Oren spake thus:

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:45:33 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

Pretty sure I'm on their mailing list because I bought a power tool
("sawzall" for $20) that I bought an extra warranty for, so they
had my name & address.

You bought an extra warranty for a $20. HF Sawzall? How much?

Can't remember exactly, but 'tweren't much; I think $5? What the hell;
at that price, still a steal.

Last week I bought a mouse pad at Best Buy for 99¢.

They asked if I wanted the extended warranty.

I asked them if I looked like David Nebenzahl.

OK, I guess I deserved that.

In my defense, harrumph, I should say that I don't suggest that anyone
else buy these extended warranties. I bought mine in a moment of
weakness: I hadn't bought any HF power tools for a long time. It looked
like a great deal (I always tell people: $20 for a sawzall? How could I
*not* buy one?), but I blame the FUD that I'd heard about these tools
for my wanting to hedge my bet against the tool wearing out.

Had I to do it over again, I wouldn't waste money on such a warranty.

Me neither. I would invest in Wheat pennies.