Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reefer/Freezer in Garage?

I now have a reefer with freezer and a separate upright freezer in my
partially heated/insulated garage. I try to keep the temperature in
cold weather at 50-60 degrees.

Will they work okay?

Thanks

Duke
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Oct 2009 10:42:07 GMT, Stepfann King
wrote:

wrote in :

I now have a reefer with freezer and a separate upright freezer in my
partially heated/insulated garage. I try to keep the temperature in
cold weather at 50-60 degrees.

Will they work okay?

Thanks

Duke

Why are you smoking reefers?

FUNNY!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 04:38:08 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

At that temp they ought to work just fine. The problems come when you get
to temps colder than the box or really hot ambient temps.

Thanks Roger

Duke

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 10:45*am, willshak wrote:
on 10/28/2009 10:43 AM (ET) willshak wrote the following:

on 10/28/2009 10:00 AM (ET) Red Green wrote the following:
wrote in
m:

I now have a reefer with freezer and a separate upright freezer in my
partially heated/insulated garage. *I try to keep the temperature in
cold weather at 50-60 degrees.

Will they work okay?

Thanks

Duke

I'm not sure which, but processing reefer is definitely a different
newsgroup.

alt.home.garden is the group for discussing weed.

Ooops. That's alt.home.lawn.garden

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Why wouldn't a fridge or freezer work perfectly fine in a 50-60 deg
environment? It's perfectly fine. The problems come when it
approaching freezing or so hot it can't keep up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, someone on usenet said it would not. However, your
freezer doesn't read Usenet. What comes to mind to me, is
that the compressor lubricating oil gets sluggish at lower
temps.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"IGot2P" wrote in message

Roger,

I have a deep freeze in my unheated and uninsulated attached
garage.
This is in SE Iowa where it gets below zero sometimes.
Although I have
never checked the temperature in the garage, I would guess
that it gets
below 32 degrees F several times a year. The freezer has
worked fine for
six years in this location. Do you know of any reason that
it shouldn't?

Cheers,

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pretty close to what I'd have said.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

The real problem is when it is about 40f
The ambient allows the fridge to make the stat without the
compressor
running and the freezer thaws out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 2:26*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:52:54 -0600, IGot2P wrote:
Roger Shoaf wrote:
wrote in message
. ..
I now have a reefer with freezer and a separate upright freezer in my
partially heated/insulated garage. *I try to keep the temperature in
cold weather at 50-60 degrees.

Will they work okay?

At that temp they ought to work just fine. *The problems come when you get
to temps colder than the box or really hot ambient temps.

Roger,

I have a deep freeze in my unheated and uninsulated attached garage.
This is in SE Iowa where it gets below zero sometimes. Although I have
never checked the temperature in the garage, I would guess that it gets
below 32 degrees F several times a year. The freezer has worked fine for
six years in this location. Do you know of any reason that it shouldn't?

Cheers,

Don

Of it is freezer only, no problem but as the Stormin Mormin and I have
pointed out, it is when the refrigerator thermostat turns off the
compressor before the freezer is cold enough. In a warmer place, that
is not a problem.- Hide quoted text -

Agree that was the analysis in previous threads. In many 'fridges'
that also have a freezer section if/when the fridge is placed in say a
garage or cool location, the thermostat being normally in the fridge
section of the appliance and depending on a balancing of air flow
between two sections, under normal 'house' conditions may not operate
the appliance for long sufficiently long for the freezer section to
stay cold enough!
A freezer with its one thermosta controlling the whole unit should be,
based on our expereience too, quite OK.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 29, 2:12*pm, "Eric" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:51:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Why wouldn't a fridge or freezer work perfectly fine in a 50-60 deg
environment? * It's perfectly fine. * The problems come when it
approaching freezing or so hot it can't keep up.

The real problem is when it is about 40f
The ambient allows the fridge to make the stat without the compressor
running and the freezer thaws out.

Look for my new product release soon: Fridge with CACA (cold ambient
control algorithm.)

And btw the OP of this thread says reefer and freezer; not fridge
(refrigerator).

No manufacturer would put an 'al-gor-ithm' in a refrigerator. *Too expensive.

;^)

Eric Law- Hide quoted text -

- Nope. That might be inconveniently true!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 29, 1:12*pm, "Eric" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:51:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Why wouldn't a fridge or freezer work perfectly fine in a 50-60 deg
environment? * It's perfectly fine. * The problems come when it
approaching freezing or so hot it can't keep up.

The real problem is when it is about 40f
The ambient allows the fridge to make the stat without the compressor
running and the freezer thaws out.

Look for my new product release soon: Fridge with CACA (cold ambient
control algorithm.)

No manufacturer would put an algorithm in a refrigerator. *Too expensive.

;^)

Eric Law- Hide quoted text -

If you put an algorithm in the refrigerator you should let it warm up
to room temperature before you run it.

When they're cold they get sluggish and can slow your computer down.

They do keep longer though. I've got some old DOS batch files that are
as fresh as the day I wrote them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
No manufacturer would put an algorithm in a refrigerator. Too expensive.

;^)

Eric Law- Hide quoted text -

If you put an algorithm in the refrigerator you should let it warm up
to room temperature before you run it.

When they're cold they get sluggish and can slow your computer down.

They do keep longer though. I've got some old DOS batch files that are
as fresh as the day I wrote them.

Hey, is that where the term "code freeze" came from?

Yeah, I know, completely OT. ;^)

Eric Law

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 30, 9:05*am, "Eric" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

... No manufacturer would put an algorithm in a refrigerator. Too expensive.

;^)

Eric Law- Hide quoted text -

If you put an algorithm in the refrigerator you should let it warm up
to room temperature before you run it.

When they're cold they get sluggish and can slow your computer down.

They do keep longer though. I've got some old DOS batch files that are
as fresh as the day I wrote them.

Hey, is that where the term "code freeze" came from?

Yeah, I know, completely OT. *;^)

Eric Law

If you leave the algorithms out of the fridge too long they can grow
Clostridium Botulinum (botulism).

Then you end up with a "killer app".

Reefer Trailer's AirConditioner Compressor - Oil?? bear Metalworking 19 March 3rd 08 02:08 AM
ICE in new reefer freezer part Jethro Home Repair 2 June 19th 07 01:35 PM
refrigerator in garage - freezer allan Home Repair 11 March 18th 07 12:43 PM
Freezer in garage Peter Twydell UK diy 7 November 3rd 05 11:36 PM
Freezer Problem in the Garage Robert Tamlyn Home Repair 3 August 9th 05 12:38 AM