Posted to alt.home.repair
IGot2P[_2_] IGot2P[_2_] is offline

Default Reefer/Freezer in Garage?

Roger Shoaf wrote:
wrote in message
I now have a reefer with freezer and a separate upright freezer in my
partially heated/insulated garage. I try to keep the temperature in
cold weather at 50-60 degrees.

Will they work okay?

At that temp they ought to work just fine. The problems come when you get
to temps colder than the box or really hot ambient temps.

Roger,

I have a deep freeze in my unheated and uninsulated attached garage.
This is in SE Iowa where it gets below zero sometimes. Although I have
never checked the temperature in the garage, I would guess that it gets
below 32 degrees F several times a year. The freezer has worked fine for
six years in this location. Do you know of any reason that it shouldn't?

Cheers,

Don