Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replace Sharp Microwave Backlight Out

Hi,

The backlight on our Sharp microwave display (model R-630DS) has gone out.
Is this home fixable? Any leads on getting part and instructions? We are
in Eastern MA.

Thanks,
Gary

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Abby Brown" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

The backlight on our Sharp microwave display (model R-630DS) has gone out.
Is this home fixable? Any leads on getting part and instructions? We are
in Eastern MA.

Thanks,
Gary

Ah, eastern Mass-- no doubt a hand wringing Teddy Kennedy liberal. Doesn't
the government fix things like that? If they don't now, no doubt they soon
will the way things are going.

If you're game to try it yourself, first unplug the oven from the wall. Then
look for the screws that hold the light cover plate in place. If none,
you'll probably need to open the case to get at it.

Look for screws on the back or bottom and remove them. Remove the bulb
(unscrew or pull-- depending on model) and if it's an ordinary 40 watt
appliance bulb, drive to the store and buy another. If it's a specialty
appliance bulb, take it with you to the nearest appliance parts store, show
it to the nice man, and ask for another. Insert in oven, close up case, plug
in, cook...

Posted to alt.home.repair

John H. Holliday wrote:
"Abby Brown" wrote in message
[...]

It sounds as though it is the light for the numerical LCD display, not
the oven light.

Curious question for the OP, can you read the numbers if you shine a
flashlight on it?

That happened to my odometer, also to a radio in a different car. I
fixed both of them although I couldn't find the exact same miniature
lamps. The radio one had to be soldered, the odometer one was in a
twist in base. Original was frosted so I lightly sprayed some white
paint on a clear one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 16, 1:10*pm, "Abby Brown" wrote:
Hi,

The backlight on our Sharp microwave display (model R-630DS) has gone out..
Is this home fixable? *Any leads on getting part and instructions? *We are
in Eastern MA.

Thanks,
Gary

We regularly repair these control units for customers nationwide by
mail for $39.95 postpaid in about a week or so with a one-year
guarantee.

See http://www.microwavedisplay.com