Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharp Microwave R-1471

Our Sharo R-1471 over-the-range microwave (about 10 years old) quit working.
The interior light and fan stay on continuously, and there is no response to
most of the front panel buttons. The Sharp web site had no indication that
parts/manuals were available directly from them. Is it possible to get a
service manual, or at least a schematic for this unit? How about parts
availability? I took the control panel out and found no obvious damage.
Tracing back from the 2 larger relays on the bottom edge of the board, it
seems that Q27 is open. Marking on the part is "A223" Does that stand for
2SA223, or is it a house number?

Thanks,
Paul

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Paul" wrote in message
Our Sharo R-1471 over-the-range microwave (about 10 years old) quit
working. The interior light and fan stay on continuously, and there is no
response to most of the front panel buttons. The Sharp web site had no
indication that parts/manuals were available directly from them. Is it
possible to get a service manual, or at least a schematic for this unit?
How about parts availability? I took the control panel out and found no
obvious damage. Tracing back from the 2 larger relays on the bottom edge
of the board, it seems that Q27 is open. Marking on the part is "A223"
Does that stand for 2SA223, or is it a house number?

Someone slam the door?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Paul wrote:

Our Sharo R-1471 over-the-range microwave (about 10 years old) quit working.
The interior light and fan stay on continuously, and there is no response to
most of the front panel buttons. The Sharp web site had no indication that
parts/manuals were available directly from them. Is it possible to get a
service manual, or at least a schematic for this unit? How about parts
availability? I took the control panel out and found no obvious damage.
Tracing back from the 2 larger relays on the bottom edge of the board, it
seems that Q27 is open. Marking on the part is "A223" Does that stand for
2SA223, or is it a house number?

Thanks,
Paul

My first suspicion would be the interlock mechanism. You can check the
interlock switches with a multimeter.

Probably is 2SA223, the 2S is routinely left off.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Paul wrote:

[...]

It appears that both of you are correct. The clip holding the upper door
switch is broken. I never would have guessed that an interlock switch would
have caused the symptoms that I was having. Apparently this particular
switch turns on the interior lamp and disables the touchpads when the door
is open.

Thanks for the help.
Paul

BTW, according to Tritronics, the full P/N for Q27 is VSKRA223M//-3.