Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default replace lcd monitor ccfl backlight?

I have a lcd with a bad ccfl backlight. It has dark spot at both end of
the tube. When the lcd is on, the bad one flickers and has less light.

Question: I found a good backlight from a broken panel(different panel
model #) with the same length, diameter. However, I dont' know the
lamp's starting voltage, working voltage and watts.

If i want to swap the lamp, do i have to know these parameters?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Most of the ccfl lamps will work anywhere between 900 and 1200 volts
AC.
They are fairly interchangeable, if about the same size.
I have even used a lamp from a flatbed scanner in a LCD monitor.
The lamp was an inch shorter and about twice as thick, but it still
worked until I could find a better one.
I would try it.
Hope this helps....
John