Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default replace lcd monitor ccfl backlight?

wrote:
I have a lcd with a bad ccfl backlight. It has dark spot at both end of
the tube. When the lcd is on, the bad one flickers and has less light.

Question: I found a good backlight from a broken panel(different panel
model #) with the same length, diameter. However, I dont' know the
lamp's starting voltage, working voltage and watts.

If i want to swap the lamp, do i have to know these parameters?

Watts is determined mostly by the inverter rather than the lamp. These
things are all pretty similar, if it physically fits, there's at least a
90% chance it will work perfectly. If in doubt, wire it up to the
inverter in the monitor before you actually swap the lamp, if it lights
up you're good to go.