Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does anyone remember

these people, who used to post here?

1. The person who operates the repair clinic. What was their name? I have
to admit, I miss their posts. I did buy from them and highly recommend
them.

2. Gary Slusser for softeners? Just ordered & received a softener from him.
Gosh what a knowledgeable guy! Again, another one who I miss their posts,
although he posts in his forums. Highly recommended, saved me about a
grand.

3. Speedy Jim. What happened to him, does anyone see him posting elsewhere?

4. Tom something or other. I believe this guy was an engineer.

5. Arty the tile guy. What a hoot! Although some have other names for him.

6. Joseph Meehan (?) from Columbus Oh.... I think that was his last name.

I see Rico & Ed are still around. That alt.building construction is kinda
lonely over there. What happened to Lyle & Matt? I know the one person
passed away who used to post over there, can't remember his name.

It's been some years since I visited this place. Not much in the way of
flames now! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kerry L." wrote in message
[...]

1. Jeff I think. appliance clinic dot com ?

5. him I recall. haven't seen him in a long while.

6. Yep. same as 5

You forgot Turtle the HVAC guy. He was a hoot and I've not seen him for a
year or two.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

I really miss Turtle. From what I remember, he fell off a
ladder, and did some brain damage. Very sad, he's one of the
few oldies who really knew his trade.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...

You forgot Turtle the HVAC guy. He was a hoot and I've not
seen him for a
year or two.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Colbyt" wrote in message
m...

1. Jeff I think. appliance clinic dot com ?

Yes, Jeff! Thanks

5. him I recall. haven't seen him in a long while.

6. Yep. same as 5

You forgot Turtle the HVAC guy. He was a hoot and I've not seen him for
a year or two.

Oh Turtle! Gosh, that's too sad, what Stormy said.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 14, 9:26*pm, "Kerry L." wrote:
these people, who used to post here?

1. The person who operates the repair clinic. What was their name? I have
to admit, I miss their posts. I did buy from them and highly recommend
them.

2. Gary Slusser for softeners? Just ordered & received a softener from him.
Gosh what a knowledgeable guy! Again, another one who I miss their posts,
although he posts in his forums. Highly recommended, saved me about a
grand.

3. Speedy Jim. What happened to him, does anyone see him posting elsewhere?

4. Tom something or other. I believe this guy was an engineer.

5. Arty the tile guy. What a hoot! Although some have other names for him..

6. Joseph Meehan (?) from Columbus Oh.... I think that was his last name.

Joe was a good guy, and usually had some good advice to give.

I see Rico & Ed are still around. That alt.building construction is kinda
lonely over there. What happened to Lyle & Matt? I know the one person
passed away who used to post over there, can't remember his name.

Lyle just disappeared pretty suddenly. He took a lot of abuse, some
of it good natured, and he was the most rapid anti-spam newsgroup cop
I ever ran across. Kind of "colorful", but I'm sure he did good work
and the people that hired him were happy they did.

I haven't seen Matt Whiting posting in a long while. He's probably,
hopefully, off flying his plane.

The guy that passed away was Bob Morrison. He was the most
knowledgeable and practical structural engineer I've ever
encountered. Many times I was sorry he was on the wrong coast. I
would have loved to work with him. His posts were gems, he had a good
sense of humor and was always a gentleman. He's missed.

It's been some years since I visited this place. Not much in the way of
flames now! LOL

I enjoyed alt.building.construction, but it's withered away. Same
with alt.architecture. There was a nasty flame war over there and it
turned people off so much they just left. Remember Joe Barta? He was
another a.b.c. regular, then he just kind of switched to
rec.woodworking, took some abuse (over what I'm not really sure as I
wasn't a frequenter of that group at that time) and he disappeared.

Time marches on, eh?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 14, 9:57*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:

You forgot Turtle the HVAC guy. *He was a hoot and I've not seen him for a
year or two.

I tripped over a post of his during a search and spent some time being
lol amused (and informed) by others.

Dude was classic; "This is Turtle"...

I fervently hope the report of his misfortune is inaccurate.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gpsman" wrote in message
On Oct 14, 9:57 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:

You forgot Turtle the HVAC guy. He was a hoot and I've not seen him for a
year or two.

I tripped over a post of his during a search and spent some time being
lol amused (and informed) by others.

Dude was classic; "This is Turtle"...

I fervently hope the report of his misfortune is inaccurate.
-----

- gpsman

Yeah, and he was usually spot on with what he said.

Given the age of many regular posters here, anything could happen and we'd
never know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"gpsman" wrote in message
On Oct 14, 9:57 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:

You forgot Turtle the HVAC guy. He was a hoot and I've not seen him for a
year or two.

I tripped over a post of his during a search and spent some time being
lol amused (and informed) by others.

Dude was classic; "This is Turtle"...

I fervently hope the report of his misfortune is inaccurate.
-----

- gpsman

Yeah, and he was usually spot on with what he said.

Given the age of many regular posters here, anything could happen and we'd
never know.

There used to be many experts from various fields here. Then the 'flamers'
came aboard and most of the pros left. The advice you got here was
invaluable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:

Time marches on, eh?

Especially on Usenet. Five years there is about like a human generation.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Colbyt wrote:
"Kerry L." wrote in message
[...]

I was missing Turtle the other day...he's a gem. Lived in Louisiana?

Posted to alt.home.repair

What? Speak up, sonny?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Given the age of many regular posters here, anything could
happen and we'd
never know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is that Speedy Jim the VW guy ???

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Remember Me Don Foreman Metalworking 0 May 24th 09 06:07 AM
Remember in the 30s elliot Woodworking 9 November 27th 07 10:53 PM
Remember Tom Quackenbush Woodworking 0 November 12th 06 12:09 AM
Remember Tom Quackenbush Home Repair 0 November 12th 06 12:09 AM
Does anyone remember..... Jim Warman Woodworking 8 August 13th 04 10:06 AM