Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Remember Me

On Sat, 23 May 2009 21:30:36 -0400, Deucalion
wrote:

Did you get a DD-214 with your name on it? If you did, you qualify
for VA benefits whether you think that they owe it to you or not.

I have a DD-214 with my name on it, 'Nam era, and I've been told by
the VA at Fort Snelling, MN that I do not qualify for VA benefits
because I am insufficiently impoverished.

I'm glad I'm insufficiently impoverished though it doesn't take much.
I don't need or want anything from the (expletive) VA. But there are
those that do need and deserve far better than they're getting.

Economic status after service was not a factor in promises made before
service back in the day. I'm contemptuous of this country's perfidy
to its veterans in that regard. Honor is expected of officers and
soldiers but it seems to be conspicuously absent from the country,
people and government (of, by and for the people) we served.

Remember in the 30s elliot Woodworking 9 November 27th 07 10:53 PM
Remember Tom Quackenbush Woodworking 0 November 12th 06 12:09 AM
Remember Tom Quackenbush Home Repair 0 November 12th 06 12:09 AM
OT Please to Remember Seven November George Woodturning 0 November 8th 05 04:29 PM
Does anyone remember..... Jim Warman Woodworking 8 August 13th 04 10:06 AM