Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Milwaukee sawzall "The Hatchet"

I noticed Milwaukee makes a compacted version of the sawzall with a rotating
handle. My old sawzall just died and this one is intriging as I consider a
replacement.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6524.../dp/B0000WUQSY

Does anyone knows if this cuts as well as the traditional sawzall? or this
is a light duty tool?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6524...-Recip/dp/B000...

Does anyone knows if this cuts as well as the traditional sawzall? *or this
is a light duty tool?

It's 7 amps and has a 3/4" stroke so it's not a Sawzall replacement.
I've never used it, but Milwaukee makes good stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 12, 9:49*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 12, 10:42*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:

I noticed Milwaukee makes a compacted version of the sawzall with a rotating
handle. *My old sawzall just died and this one is intriging as I consider a
replacement.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6524...-Recip/dp/B000...

Does anyone knows if this cuts as well as the traditional sawzall? *or this
is a light duty tool?

It's 7 amps and has a 3/4" stroke so it's not a Sawzall replacement.
I've never used it, but Milwaukee makes good stuff.

As Rico says, its only 7 amps (which is what my ancient Sawzall w/
3/4" stroke is)

I think the Super Sawzall is like 11+ amps but I hear there is now a
"Super Dooper" Sawzall (1 1/4" stroke) that is 15 amps!

I borrowed a friend's Porter Cable TigerClaw 11.5 amps. It has the
ability to swivel at a couple joints...which I thought, at first, was
just a gimmick. After using in close quarters (crawlspace demo of
1930 galv water system) .....the swivel capability is useful & not
just a gimick. The more powerful motor cut WAY faster than my ancient
Sawzall.

Considering the tools on the market & depending your use (& I'm a huge
Milwaukee owner / user)
you have to decide which is more important swivel or power.

I would recommend against a 7 amp motor (I have an old one & I
consider it more than a bit wimpy).
If I was in the market for a new Sawzall, I'd chose between the 10 amp
TIgerClaw & the 15 amp SUPER Sawzall.

The TigerClaw can twisted into all sorts of strange
configurations ...Sawzall makes a unit where the handle can be
swiveled similar to their right angle drill kit. (big deal?)

But the 15 amps Sawzall is also enticing....

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

In article ,
says...
I noticed Milwaukee makes a compacted version of the sawzall with a rotating
handle. My old sawzall just died and this one is intriging as I consider a
replacement.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6524.../dp/B0000WUQSY

Does anyone knows if this cuts as well as the traditional sawzall? or this
is a light duty tool?

I have one and it has quickly become a favorite. The Hatchet and my
cordless Dewalt are the two recips I take to the job. When folded in half it
can fit in the space between two studs 16" apart. It can be switched from
straight cutting to orbital (for faster cuts in wood). The blade release is
the best I have encountered, not sure if the other Milwaukees are the same. I
use mine for remodeling and actually prefer the shorter, 3/4" stroke. It is
much easier to make a cut in a tight spot without the blade jamming into the
back of a recess.

--
Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 13, 9:38*am, DT wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

I just checked on eBay - it's interesting to see that there are a lot
of the cordless 18v Hatchet's for sale, without battery or charger. I
guess that's from people buying a set of battery tools and selling off
the items they don't need/want. If you already have an 18v Milwaukee
tool with battery and charger, buying it that way would be a very
cheap way of getting the tool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Oct 12, 10:42 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I noticed Milwaukee makes a compacted version of the sawzall with a
rotating
handle. My old sawzall just died and this one is intriging as I consider a
replacement.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6524...-Recip/dp/B000...

Does anyone knows if this cuts as well as the traditional sawzall? or this
is a light duty tool?

It's 7 amps and has a 3/4" stroke so it's not a Sawzall replacement.
I've never used it, but Milwaukee makes good stuff.

My Milwaulee Sawzall just died and so I am looking for something that would
be convenient to use to cut at tight angles and in the attic. May be I need
a traditional sawzall and a tight angle one for different situations.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"fftt" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I will definitely check into the Tiger Claw.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Oct 13, 9:38 am, DT wrote:
In article ,

says...

[...]

Good point. But for now I am a little concerned about getting more cordless
tools from all different manufacturers. I think it may be best to stick
with one cordless brand and that way the battery mileage would be highest.
For recip saw I think in my case I would stick with corded versions. I
tried a cordless and corded in cutting cast iron pipes and there is a HUGE
difference.

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

fftt wrote:
[...]

Hi,
I love my Tiger saw. Needed some getting used to but it is very handy in
confined space. My circular saw is Milwaukee tho.