Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Milwaukee sawzall "The Hatchet"

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Oct 13, 9:38 am, DT wrote:
In article ,

says...

I noticed Milwaukee makes a compacted version of the sawzall with a
rotating
handle. My old sawzall just died and this one is intriging as I consider
replacement.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6524...-Recip/dp/B000...

Does anyone knows if this cuts as well as the traditional sawzall? or
this
is a light duty tool?

I have one and it has quickly become a favorite. The Hatchet and my
cordless Dewalt are the two recips I take to the job. When folded in half
it
can fit in the space between two studs 16" apart. It can be switched from
straight cutting to orbital (for faster cuts in wood). The blade release
is
the best I have encountered, not sure if the other Milwaukees are the
same. I
use mine for remodeling and actually prefer the shorter, 3/4" stroke. It
is
much easier to make a cut in a tight spot without the blade jamming into
the
back of a recess.

I just checked on eBay - it's interesting to see that there are a lot
of the cordless 18v Hatchet's for sale, without battery or charger. I
guess that's from people buying a set of battery tools and selling off
the items they don't need/want. If you already have an 18v Milwaukee
tool with battery and charger, buying it that way would be a very
cheap way of getting the tool.

Good point. But for now I am a little concerned about getting more cordless
tools from all different manufacturers. I think it may be best to stick
with one cordless brand and that way the battery mileage would be highest.
For recip saw I think in my case I would stick with corded versions. I
tried a cordless and corded in cutting cast iron pipes and there is a HUGE
difference.

MC