Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Milwaukee sawzall "The Hatchet"

On Oct 12, 9:49*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 12, 10:42*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:

I noticed Milwaukee makes a compacted version of the sawzall with a rotating
handle. *My old sawzall just died and this one is intriging as I consider a
replacement.

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6524...-Recip/dp/B000...

Does anyone knows if this cuts as well as the traditional sawzall? *or this
is a light duty tool?

It's 7 amps and has a 3/4" stroke so it's not a Sawzall replacement.
I've never used it, but Milwaukee makes good stuff.

As Rico says, its only 7 amps (which is what my ancient Sawzall w/
3/4" stroke is)

I think the Super Sawzall is like 11+ amps but I hear there is now a
"Super Dooper" Sawzall (1 1/4" stroke) that is 15 amps!

I borrowed a friend's Porter Cable TigerClaw 11.5 amps. It has the
ability to swivel at a couple joints...which I thought, at first, was
just a gimmick. After using in close quarters (crawlspace demo of
1930 galv water system) .....the swivel capability is useful & not
just a gimick. The more powerful motor cut WAY faster than my ancient
Sawzall.

Considering the tools on the market & depending your use (& I'm a huge
Milwaukee owner / user)
you have to decide which is more important swivel or power.

I would recommend against a 7 amp motor (I have an old one & I
consider it more than a bit wimpy).
If I was in the market for a new Sawzall, I'd chose between the 10 amp
TIgerClaw & the 15 amp SUPER Sawzall.

The TigerClaw can twisted into all sorts of strange
configurations ...Sawzall makes a unit where the handle can be
swiveled similar to their right angle drill kit. (big deal?)

But the 15 amps Sawzall is also enticing....

cheers
Bob