Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How did sand get inside my sawzall?

I was making some cuts today on some underground pipes using my Milwaukee
sawzall. The saw was placed very close to the ground and as I turned on the
saw it seems to blast sand in all directions. I thought may be it is
because of the two slots on the side of the housing blowing out as the motor
spins. After I was done wipe the saw down and I noticed as I shake the saw
sand began to pour out of the spot where the trigger switch is. There was
quite a bit of sand coming out. How did these sand get inside? Was there
any part of the saw that may suck sand in? Should I be concerned and open
up the housing to do some cleaning or leave it alone?

Thanks,

MC

Posted to alt.home.repair

Most (All?) saws suck air in somewhere and blow it out somewhere else
(to cool the motor). You probably had the inlet area close to the
ground when you turned it on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I was making some cuts today on some underground pipes using my Milwaukee
sawzall. The saw was placed very close to the ground and as I turned on
the saw it seems to blast sand in all directions. I thought may be it is
because of the two slots on the side of the housing blowing out as the
motor spins. After I was done wipe the saw down and I noticed as I shake
the saw sand began to pour out of the spot where the trigger switch is.
There was quite a bit of sand coming out. How did these sand get inside?
Was there any part of the saw that may suck sand in? Should I be concerned
and open up the housing to do some cleaning or leave it alone?

Thanks,

MC

Get an air blower nozzle on and air compressor and blow it out good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 4, 11:55*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I was making some cuts today on some underground pipes using my Milwaukee
sawzall. *The saw was placed very close to the ground and as I turned on the
saw it seems to blast sand in all directions. *I thought may be it is
because of the two slots on the side of the housing blowing out as the motor
spins. *After I was done wipe the saw down and I noticed as I shake the saw
sand began to pour out of the spot where the trigger switch is. *There was
quite a bit of sand coming out. *How did these sand get inside? *Was there
any part of the saw that may suck sand in? *Should I be concerned and open
up the housing to do some cleaning or leave it alone?

Thanks,

MC

I got sand in my saw last week when I stuck it down a post hole to cut
some roots.

When I took it out and turned it on it blew a lot of sand out of the
motor slots.

Dirt happens.