Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default How did sand get inside my sawzall?

I was making some cuts today on some underground pipes using my Milwaukee
sawzall. The saw was placed very close to the ground and as I turned on the
saw it seems to blast sand in all directions. I thought may be it is
because of the two slots on the side of the housing blowing out as the motor
spins. After I was done wipe the saw down and I noticed as I shake the saw
sand began to pour out of the spot where the trigger switch is. There was
quite a bit of sand coming out. How did these sand get inside? Was there
any part of the saw that may suck sand in? Should I be concerned and open
up the housing to do some cleaning or leave it alone?

Thanks,

MC