Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher leaves grit on dishes

"Red Green" wrote in message
BM BM2home.com wrote in :

Hello,

my Kenmore diskwaher leave grit and garbage on my dishes. this is
not from the dishes that are put in it. the arems move ok and are not
clogged. drain is not clogged. seems to be heating and filling ok?
any suggenstions hot to fix this? is there a buildup of gunk
someplace.

thanks

drain is not clogged.

Have you taken the chopper assembly apart and checked it? Had very similar
issue once. Found chopper all messed up. Broken plastic, washer and clip
came apart as well as some broken glass bits. Replaced assembly.

To this, I'll add the fact that there are some vegetable parts which can
only be chewed up by microorganisms or plastic explosives, and some people
do a lousy job of scraping plates because they think food disposals &
dishwashers can handle anything.

Many years ago, I discovered you can make the strongest rope in the universe
by putting kale stems into the sink disposal.