Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Dishwasher - dishes are very hot when it's done

I have a GE Profile Dishwasher. I've not used a dishwasher before. The
dishes are quite hot when it's done (i.e., when the dishes are clean).
They are so hot that they almost burn hands - I need to use a tovel to
get dishes out of dishwasher.

I use a regular automatic cycle.

Any suggestions? Is it always like this?

Thanks.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
siskuwihane

wrote:
I have a GE Profile Dishwasher. I've not used a dishwasher before. The
dishes are quite hot when it's done (i.e., when the dishes are clean).
They are so hot that they almost burn hands - I need to use a tovel to
get dishes out of dishwasher.

I use a regular automatic cycle.

Are you also using "heated dry"? Do you have an option that allows it
to not be used?

Any suggestions? Is it always like this?

Just let them cool off before putting them away. No need to put them
away as soon as the drying cycle is over. I run mine in the evening and
put the dishes away the next morning.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tomes

"siskuwihane" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
I have a GE Profile Dishwasher. I've not used a dishwasher before. The
dishes are quite hot when it's done (i.e., when the dishes are clean).
They are so hot that they almost burn hands - I need to use a tovel to
get dishes out of dishwasher.

I use a regular automatic cycle.

Are you also using "heated dry"? Do you have an option that allows it
to not be used?

Any suggestions? Is it always like this?

Just let them cool off before putting them away. No need to put them
away as soon as the drying cycle is over. I run mine in the evening and
put the dishes away the next morning.

I do this too, this way it serves to both let it all cool off and I am not
bothered by the sound. If I do run it in the day, I open it up and let it
dry for a while which also lets it cool off. In the winter I want that
humidity to get into the house.

The dishwasher uses really hot water. Many (most/all? - I have not read
them all...) instruction manuals want you to fill it with hot water, and
then it heats it more. Then it washes with that really hot water. Then it
rinses with that really hot water. Maybe it does that all again with
another round of really hot water. When it is done it is all really hot.
That is just how it goes with these dishwasher thingies.
Tomes

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On 22 Mar 2006 19:40:37 -0800, someone wrote:

Any suggestions? Is it always like this?

Turn off the HEATED DRY. Yes.

The turnip truck musta just rolled into town this morning.