Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Mojogame

Default Dishwasher Dishes Stay Wet -Help!!

What the heck is the problem with this? My other house had a
dishwasher and they always dried completely. My new home has a fairly
new dishwasher and the dishes stay wet ,even on heat dry. Mold/mildew
even forms on the dishes if I do not take them out right away. What
can I do to aleviate this problem?
Tracey

"Mojogame" wrote in message
om...
What the heck is the problem with this? My other house had a
dishwasher and they always dried completely. My new home has a fairly
new dishwasher and the dishes stay wet ,even on heat dry. Mold/mildew
even forms on the dishes if I do not take them out right away. What
can I do to aleviate this problem?

I don't use the heat dry function on my dishwasher, so I simply open the
door a crack when the cycle is finished. The dishes air dry and I have no
problems.

Hagrinas Mivali

"Mojogame" wrote in message
om...
What the heck is the problem with this? My other house had a
dishwasher and they always dried completely. My new home has a fairly
new dishwasher and the dishes stay wet ,even on heat dry. Mold/mildew
even forms on the dishes if I do not take them out right away. What
can I do to aleviate this problem?

This can be due to a number of things. If you don't use a heat dry cycle,
is your rinse water hot enough? Does your unit have a fan that runs during
the heated and non heated dry cycles, and if so, is it working and are the
vent holes clear? What mix of dishes are you washing? Do you have lots of
china (usually dries well) or lots of Tupperware style containers (will not
hold heat to dry and will often trap water.) Do you have hard water, and if
so, are you using the right amount of rinse agent?

Do you have an owner's manual for the unit and does it say anything about
this?

On 14 Sep 2004 19:08:26 -0700, someone wrote:

... the dishes stay wet ,even on heat dry....

Basic Q - have you verified that the heat comes on (the dishes are hot
but wet?). After that, I'd wonder about lack of ventilation - is
there a fan that's supposed to be running, that's not, or an air
passage blcoked.... Even you heat up water, it still has to go
somewhere, or it'll just be a chamber full of hot water or steam if
hot enough.