Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing glued carpet

We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 24, 4:26*pm, Dymphna
wrote:
We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

--
Dymphna
Message origin:www.TRAVEL.com

What have you tried, how did it respond? Is it glued all over or just
around the edges? Are you going to put down new carpet or refinsh the
wood?

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dymphna wrote:
We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

I've read that freezing with dry ice will harden the adhesive allowing
it to be chipped off.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Sep 24, 3:26*pm, Dymphna
wrote:
We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

--
Dymphna
Message origin:www.TRAVEL.com

I've done glued down linoleum with a Harbor Freight multitool
(#67256). It isn't all that fast, but it does get after the adhesive
layer well enough to make the job possible. Ought to work on your
project.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Dymphna wrote:

We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

Soak it in the blood from the bashed-in head of the gluer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Dymphna wrote:

We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

Soak it in the blood from the bashed-in head of the gluer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:26:12 -0500, Dymphna
wrote:

We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

Mechanical removal. Scrapers, putty knife, shovel, etc. Acetone
might work, but a large area is not too practical. Knee pads should
help, at least a little. Yeah, it can be a long tedious job.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

Mechanical removal. *Scrapers, putty knife, shovel, etc. *Acetone
might work, but a large area is not too practical. * Knee pads should
help, at least a little. *Yeah, it can be a long tedious job.

On my boat, not exactly the same and smaller, I just got a hold of one
end and ripped it up. Then scrapped where it did not come up clean.
You do not need a real good surface if you are recarpeting as you can
cover it with a pad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It looks to be glued down to the hardwood floor all over. We plan to put
down a sub floor and some kind of tile. Although the blood of the person
who put it down does sound promising - but not at church LOL

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 25, 1:46*pm, Dymphna
wrote:
It looks to be glued down to the hardwood floor all over. We plan to put
down a sub floor and some kind of tile. Although the blood of the person
who put it down does sound promising - but not at church LOL

--
Dymphna
Message origin:www.TRAVEL.com

If f this is for a church project may I suggest a pancake breakfast
and lots of knees and elbows.

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

JIMMIE;3024753 Wrote:
On Sep 25, 1:46 pm, Dymphna Dymphna.3z3...
wrote:
It looks to be glued down to the hardwood floor all over. We plan to

put
down a sub floor and some kind of tile. Although the blood of the

person
who put it down does sound promising - but not at church LOL

--
Dymphna

If f this is for a church project may I suggest a pancake breakfast
and lots of knees and elbows.

Jimmie

We are a mission church - not that many to help LOL

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

removing glued down carpet padding from stairs miker Home Repair 0 June 1st 07 05:55 PM
removing glued carpet over vynal tile louis Home Repair 1 July 4th 04 11:26 AM
Removing glued-on carpet from concrete floor? Jay Pique Woodworking 20 December 9th 03 09:46 PM
Glued down carpet Fred Home Ownership 2 September 30th 03 11:10 PM
Glued down carpet Fred Home Repair 0 September 30th 03 12:56 PM