Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing glued carpet

On Sep 25, 12:54*pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:26:12 -0500, Dymphna

wrote:

We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood
floor. What is the best way to get it up?

Mechanical removal. *Scrapers, putty knife, shovel, etc. *Acetone
might work, but a large area is not too practical. * Knee pads should
help, at least a little. *Yeah, it can be a long tedious job.

On my boat, not exactly the same and smaller, I just got a hold of one
end and ripped it up. Then scrapped where it did not come up clean.
You do not need a real good surface if you are recarpeting as you can
cover it with a pad.