Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Compressor oil

One place I work, has a huge compressor. Three phase, from
what I can tell. Crankcase, and sight glass. I don't see an
oil level in the crankcase. The fill plug (big knurled
thing) didn't want to come out. I'll put a Channelocks on it
tomorrow, if I have time. Shine my minimag into the
crankcase, and see if I see any oil in there. Light up the
sight glass window from inside.

So, don't those beasts typically take ND-30 motor oil? Yeah,
they probably make something specific for crankcases, and
sell it in 4 ounce bottles so they can charge more.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
One place I work, has a huge compressor. Three phase, from
what I can tell. Crankcase, and sight glass. I don't see an
oil level in the crankcase. The fill plug (big knurled
thing) didn't want to come out. I'll put a Channelocks on it
tomorrow, if I have time. Shine my minimag into the
crankcase, and see if I see any oil in there. Light up the
sight glass window from inside.

So, don't those beasts typically take ND-30 motor oil? Yeah,
they probably make something specific for crankcases, and
sell it in 4 ounce bottles so they can charge more.

I got compressor oil in a gallon jug.

Try a compressor shop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

This noob has been posting to usenet since about 1999 or so.
Thanks for demonstrating vast depths of ignorance.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gene Jackson" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Reminds me of the joke about Prince Albert in a Can. Yes, a
compressor shop is the correct source, from the horse of
course.

The use, here, isn't likely to need a galon.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob F" wrote in message

I got compressor oil in a gallon jug.

Try a compressor shop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Reminds me of the joke about Prince Albert in a Can. Yes, a
compressor shop is the correct source, from the horse of
course.

The use, here, isn't likely to need a galon.

Compressor oil should be changed regularly. Buy the gallon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
One place I work, has a huge compressor. Three phase, from
what I can tell. Crankcase, and sight glass. I don't see an
oil level in the crankcase. The fill plug (big knurled
thing) didn't want to come out. I'll put a Channelocks on it
tomorrow, if I have time. Shine my minimag into the
crankcase, and see if I see any oil in there. Light up the
sight glass window from inside.

So, don't those beasts typically take ND-30 motor oil? Yeah,
they probably make something specific for crankcases, and
sell it in 4 ounce bottles so they can charge more.

You can buy it at Walmart if you know what to look for: "SA" rated 30wt
motor oil (the cheap non-detergent stuff.) You have to look for it cuz
there will be just one brand, and it's not conspicuously cheaper)

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it were my own unit, I'd do that. I asked today and find
out the compressor I glanced at yesterday isn't in use. The
shop gets the compressed air from the other building, who
has a larger compressor. Oh, well.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Smitty Two" wrote in message

The use, here, isn't likely to need a galon.

Compressor oil should be changed regularly. Buy the gallon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Alternating havoc list, well, that's a place that defies
(polite) description.

More rectal orifices than a 12 place latrine next to a
greasy spoon serving salmonella burgers.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Gene Jackson wrote:
Post to the right newsgroup. To set your noob fanny
straight, try
alt.hvac.

Posted to alt.home.repair

So, don't those beasts typically take ND-30 motor oil?

Yep

Yeah, they probably make something specific for crankcases, and
sell it in 4 ounce bottles so they can charge more.

HFT sells it in Quarts..wait til they re on sale or try to find ND 30W at
Auto supply

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
One place I work, has a huge compressor. Three phase, from
what I can tell. Crankcase, and sight glass. I don't see an
oil level in the crankcase. The fill plug (big knurled
thing) didn't want to come out. I'll put a Channelocks on it
tomorrow, if I have time. Shine my minimag into the
crankcase, and see if I see any oil in there. Light up the
sight glass window from inside.

So, don't those beasts typically take ND-30 motor oil? Yeah,
they probably make something specific for crankcases, and
sell it in 4 ounce bottles so they can charge more.

Check out www.Grainger.com for oils by the gallon of 5 gallon pail. There
is also a synthetic oil that will cost about $50 a gallon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gene Jackson wrote:
Post to the right newsgroup. To set your noob fanny straight, try alt.hvac.

Ouch! He'll be bitch slapped right off usenet!
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've been on alternating havoc for about ten years. My
courtesy and manners drive them to distraction.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Air compressor HB Home Repair 8 December 16th 08 12:52 AM
OT - air compressor stone Metalworking 4 October 19th 05 09:03 AM
What compressor to buy? Peter Scott UK diy 4 April 20th 05 10:12 PM
air compressor FH Home Repair 7 August 24th 03 01:02 PM
air compressor ? rb Home Repair 1 June 25th 03 02:26 AM