Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Compressor oil

This noob has been posting to usenet since about 1999 or so.
Thanks for demonstrating vast depths of ignorance.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gene Jackson" wrote in message
m...
Post to the right newsgroup. To set your noob fanny
straight, try alt.hvac.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
One place I work, has a huge compressor. Three phase, from
what I can tell. Crankcase, and sight glass. I don't see
an
oil level in the crankcase. The fill plug (big knurled
thing) didn't want to come out. I'll put a Channelocks on
it
tomorrow, if I have time. Shine my minimag into the
crankcase, and see if I see any oil in there. Light up the
sight glass window from inside.

So, don't those beasts typically take ND-30 motor oil?
Yeah,
they probably make something specific for crankcases, and
sell it in 4 ounce bottles so they can charge more.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus