Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Unfreezing drips

Ten-year-old Kenmore (Sears) refrigerator model
60992 (autoo-defroster, no ice maker) now drips from
the freezer compartment. Space between its liner
and outer shell is filled with ice (3 or 4 mm.) which
melts and drips below. The drip pan at the base
of the unit is bone dry.

Presumably there is a hose from the freezer (top of
the fridge) down to the drip pan and this hose is now
blocked. But I do not see how to reach either end
of this hose to try to unblock it.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
Ten-year-old Kenmore (Sears) refrigerator model
60992 (autoo-defroster, no ice maker) now drips from
the freezer compartment. Space between its liner
and outer shell is filled with ice (3 or 4 mm.) which
melts and drips below. The drip pan at the base
of the unit is bone dry.

Presumably there is a hose from the freezer (top of
the fridge) down to the drip pan and this hose is now
blocked. But I do not see how to reach either end
of this hose to try to unblock it.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
(Ottawa, Canada)

Two things: I have one of these old clunkers, and it's probably going to be
in my will. It won't die! Every once in a while, I have to empty it, open
the door, and just put a fan in front of it and let it all defrost. BUT, if
there is a hose, it needs to be cleaned out, either with a blast of air, or
a wire with a brush or a small piece of rag on it.

That is, if you can find the hose. While you're in there, blow out the
motor and fan and vanes with compressed air to help it work easier.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Take everything out of the freezer. Remove a few screws, and
the sheet metal back wall comes out. May take a bit of
bending it this way and that. Thaw the entire back wtih a
hair dryer (and plenty of towels to soak up the melt). The
drain should be in the center, under the evaporator.
Careful... those aluminum fins are VERY sharp. This, I know.
Thaw the drain with hot water, and then blow some hot water
down the drain with a turkey baster.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Drips Herb and Eneva Home Repair 3 April 3rd 07 01:17 AM
Drips and splatter [email protected] UK diy 6 October 11th 06 01:08 AM
How to get rid of paint drips Jean Home Repair 10 January 28th 06 02:18 AM
Shower Head Drips Mike Bittel Home Repair 1 December 7th 03 11:23 PM
Electric shower drips Rick Dipper UK diy 5 July 14th 03 05:13 PM