Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Unfreezing drips

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
Ten-year-old Kenmore (Sears) refrigerator model
60992 (autoo-defroster, no ice maker) now drips from
the freezer compartment. Space between its liner
and outer shell is filled with ice (3 or 4 mm.) which
melts and drips below. The drip pan at the base
of the unit is bone dry.

Presumably there is a hose from the freezer (top of
the fridge) down to the drip pan and this hose is now
blocked. But I do not see how to reach either end
of this hose to try to unblock it.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Two things: I have one of these old clunkers, and it's probably going to be
in my will. It won't die! Every once in a while, I have to empty it, open
the door, and just put a fan in front of it and let it all defrost. BUT, if
there is a hose, it needs to be cleaned out, either with a blast of air, or
a wire with a brush or a small piece of rag on it.

That is, if you can find the hose. While you're in there, blow out the
motor and fan and vanes with compressed air to help it work easier.

Steve