Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Unfreezing drips

Take everything out of the freezer. Remove a few screws, and
the sheet metal back wall comes out. May take a bit of
bending it this way and that. Thaw the entire back wtih a
hair dryer (and plenty of towels to soak up the melt). The
drain should be in the center, under the evaporator.
Careful... those aluminum fins are VERY sharp. This, I know.
Thaw the drain with hot water, and then blow some hot water
down the drain with a turkey baster.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
Ten-year-old Kenmore (Sears) refrigerator model
60992 (autoo-defroster, no ice maker) now drips from
the freezer compartment. Space between its liner
and outer shell is filled with ice (3 or 4 mm.) which
melts and drips below. The drip pan at the base
of the unit is bone dry.

Presumably there is a hose from the freezer (top of
the fridge) down to the drip pan and this hose is now
blocked. But I do not see how to reach either end
of this hose to try to unblock it.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs