Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using CO2 cylinders to run air tools [was; Blowing drains]

Sounds like you need an evaporator. Or, a fan to blow on the
regulator.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

The
problem with higher volume is that the line and regulator
get
very cold and icy unless designed for the job. One day I'll
come up with a gadget that will flash high volume cold CO2
into nice warm high pressure gas.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sounds like you need an evaporator. Or, a fan to blow on the
regulator.

Victor makes a high-volume regulator for CO2. If I recall correctly, it
has an aluminum block with fins.

Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

zxcvbob wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sounds like you need an evaporator. Or, a fan to blow on the regulator.

Victor makes a high-volume regulator for CO2. If I recall correctly, it
has an aluminum block with fins.

Bob

What I have is a regulator like this one:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5KZ37

The regulators used on soft drink dispensers
are good enough for inflating tires and blowing
dirt out of things but don't have the flow for a
lot of other things. Most look like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/n8kkue

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
zxcvbob wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sounds like you need an evaporator. Or, a fan to blow on the regulator.

Victor makes a high-volume regulator for CO2. If I recall correctly,
it has an aluminum block with fins.

Bob

What I have is a regulator like this one:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5KZ37

The regulators used on soft drink dispensers
are good enough for inflating tires and blowing
dirt out of things but don't have the flow for a
lot of other things. Most look like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/n8kkue

TDD

I use an ancient 2-stage oxygen regulator for CO2 (I changed it out with
a CO2 connector) but I only use it for low-volume stuff, like
carbonating beverages or occasionally inflating a tire.

I bought a medical oxygen regulator/flowmeter (cheap) to try with CO2,
but it will take a little more work to convert it because it has
nonstandard threads where the tank nipple screws into the regulator body.

Bob

Drains! 2600 UK diy 3 March 5th 07 05:25 PM
Dry drains? Don Wiss Home Repair 6 June 4th 06 04:43 AM
Drains - How Far Down Are They? DiddyS UK diy 6 May 29th 06 01:12 PM
drains Alistair Riddell UK diy 6 February 22nd 06 09:14 PM
Drains Tim Lamb UK diy 8 July 25th 05 08:51 AM