Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave gone crazy

GE 700w microwave JES735, purchased around 2003. Reasonably good service
until this week.

I close the door, it starts itself (fan, lite come on) with nothing
on the timer. Sometimes it shuts itself down immediatly, sometimes I
have to open the door to stop it.

Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs without counting the
time down. Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs for a fraction
of a second and shuts down. Works OK maybe 1 of 5 tries.

I search the GE Appliances Knowledge Base for JES735, get "No results Found".
But I already knew it was the last GE I'd ever own.

Any idea idea what is wrong with it? Got to be some kind of control module,
I 'spect.

Thx,
Puddin'

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message

GE 700w microwave JES735, purchased around 2003. Reasonably good service
until this week.

I close the door, it starts itself (fan, lite come on) with nothing
on the timer. Sometimes it shuts itself down immediatly, sometimes I
have to open the door to stop it.

Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs without counting the
time down. Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs for a fraction
of a second and shuts down. Works OK maybe 1 of 5 tries.

I search the GE Appliances Knowledge Base for JES735, get "No results
Found".
But I already knew it was the last GE I'd ever own.

Any idea idea what is wrong with it? Got to be some kind of control
module,
I 'spect.

Thx,
Puddin'

i had a sharp that did exactly this. sometimes it goes on, platter goes
around, light goes on, but no nuking. sometimes it just shut off after a
small fraction of a second.

it finally died completely. not a fuse since light, fan, timer still works.
it was cheaper to replace than to fix.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 15, 3:39*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
GE 700w microwave JES735, purchased around 2003. Reasonably good service
until this week.

I close the door, it starts itself (fan, lite come on) with nothing
on the timer. Sometimes it shuts itself down immediatly, sometimes I
have to open the door to stop it.

Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs without counting the
time down. Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs for a fraction
of a second and shuts down. Works OK maybe 1 of 5 tries.

I search the GE Appliances Knowledge Base for JES735, get "No results Found".
But I already knew it was the last GE I'd ever own.

Any idea idea what is wrong with it? Got to be some kind of control module,
I 'spect.

* Thx,
* Puddin'

Freaky operation is often cause by bad connection on the control
board. You could disconnect all the plugs, clean and reconnect them.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 15, 9:42*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Also try looking for dirt or food stuck in the door micro switches.
Those switches are there for proper operation and safety; Warning: If
you don't do electronics don't mess with inside. A typical MW has up
to 5000 volts DC (at a heavy amperage) and microwave radiation that
can cook human meat and damage eyes!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:05:41 -0700 (PDT), stan wrote:

Also try looking for dirt or food stuck in the door micro switches.
Those switches are there for proper operation and safety;

Thanks # 1. The door switch is indeed part of the problem.

Near as I can tell, the door latch was designed to eventually
beat the switch to death.

Warning: If
you don't do electronics don't mess with inside. A typical MW has up
to 5000 volts DC (at a heavy amperage) and microwave radiation that
can cook human meat and damage eyes!

Thanks # 2. I shoulda thought of a voltage wind-up like CRT's, but
I didn't. Haven't got inside yet, but ...

Cheers,