Posted to alt.home.repair
stan stan is offline

Default Microwave gone crazy

On Jul 15, 9:42*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
On Jul 15, 3:39*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:

GE 700w microwave JES735, purchased around 2003. Reasonably good service
until this week.

I close the door, it starts itself (fan, lite come on) with nothing
on the timer. Sometimes it shuts itself down immediatly, sometimes I
have to open the door to stop it.

Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs without counting the
time down. Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs for a fraction
of a second and shuts down. Works OK maybe 1 of 5 tries.

I search the GE Appliances Knowledge Base for JES735, get "No results Found".
But I already knew it was the last GE I'd ever own.

Any idea idea what is wrong with it? Got to be some kind of control module,
I 'spect.

* Thx,
* Puddin'

Freaky operation is often cause by bad connection on the control
board. You could disconnect all the plugs, clean and reconnect them.

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Also try looking for dirt or food stuck in the door micro switches.
Those switches are there for proper operation and safety; Warning: If
you don't do electronics don't mess with inside. A typical MW has up
to 5000 volts DC (at a heavy amperage) and microwave radiation that
can cook human meat and damage eyes!