Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Microwave gone crazy

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message

GE 700w microwave JES735, purchased around 2003. Reasonably good service
until this week.

I close the door, it starts itself (fan, lite come on) with nothing
on the timer. Sometimes it shuts itself down immediatly, sometimes I
have to open the door to stop it.

Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs without counting the
time down. Sometimes I set the timer, start it, and it runs for a fraction
of a second and shuts down. Works OK maybe 1 of 5 tries.

I search the GE Appliances Knowledge Base for JES735, get "No results
Found".
But I already knew it was the last GE I'd ever own.

Any idea idea what is wrong with it? Got to be some kind of control
module,
I 'spect.

Thx,
Puddin'

i had a sharp that did exactly this. sometimes it goes on, platter goes
around, light goes on, but no nuking. sometimes it just shut off after a
small fraction of a second.

it finally died completely. not a fuse since light, fan, timer still works.
it was cheaper to replace than to fix.