Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sealcoat a new driveway????

replying to jeff_wisnia, Jimmy the asphaly guy wrote:
The roads' asphalts have different composition and aggregates (heavy duty) and
hence don't require seal coasting.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ay-383219-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to jw, Jimmy the asphaly guy wrote:
The good rule of thumb is to wait a year for the asphalt to settle and cure
then apply rubberized seal coating once per ear to protect it. It usually
lengthens the life of a typical driveway or road by another 5-7 years in areas
with extreme and harsh weather conditions for a relatively smaller annual
investment.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ay-383219-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 10:14:10 AM UTC-4, Jimmy the asphaly guy wrote:
replying to jw, Jimmy the asphaly guy wrote:
The good rule of thumb is to wait a year for the asphalt to settle and cure
then apply rubberized seal coating once per ear to protect it.

Yes, it's a good rule of thumb for the guy who's applying it and taking
advantage of his customers. I suppose I should paint my house once
a year too according to some genius painter.

It usually
lengthens the life of a typical driveway or road by another 5-7 years in areas
with extreme and harsh weather conditions for a relatively smaller annual
investment.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ay-383219-.htm

Do you know Iggy?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 10, 2009 at 7:27:34 PM UTC+8, wrote:
My neighbor just had a new asphalt driveway laid and a sealcoat
contractor told him he 'needs to' sealcoat the driveway 'now' to
protect it. I can't find out if that is really true or not, using
Google. Anyone know?

Thanks

Duke

hi
Keeping it looking good also helps prolong its longevity and can significantly extend the life and reduce the repair costs associated with the maintenance of your asphalt streets, parking lots, highways or dirt roads.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Friday, July 10, 2009 at 7:27:34 PM UTC+8, wrote:
My neighbor just had a new asphalt driveway laid and a sealcoat
contractor told him he 'needs to' sealcoat the driveway 'now' to
protect it. I can't find out if that is really true or not, using
Google. Anyone know?

Thanks

Duke

hi
Keeping it looking good also helps prolong its longevity and can
significantly extend the life and reduce the repair costs associated with
the maintenance of your asphalt streets, parking lots, highways or dirt roads.

I was told or read to wait a couple years. Not sure which is best, but I'm
leaning on hot sprayed oil based product which may also contain sand.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/2019 4:02 AM, gregz wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, July 10, 2009 at 7:27:34 PM UTC+8, wrote:
My neighbor just had a new asphalt driveway laid and a sealcoat
contractor told him he 'needs to' sealcoat the driveway 'now' to
protect it. I can't find out if that is really true or not, using
Google. Anyone know?

Thanks

Duke

hi
Keeping it looking good also helps prolong its longevity and can
significantly extend the life and reduce the repair costs associated with
the maintenance of your asphalt streets, parking lots, highways or dirt roads.

I was told or read to wait a couple years. Not sure which is best, but I'm
leaning on hot sprayed oil based product which may also contain sand.

Greg

Guy that put mine in came back to seal it in 6 months. I have someone
do it every two years now.

Asphalt is somewhat porous and if you do not keep it sealed constant
freezing and warming will deteriorate it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Funny all the roads made of asphalt and they don't seal those. Sealing
it may help, but I think it's mostly an aesthetics thing. I would
agree with the ~ 6 months before sealing. Also depends on the weather,
waiting longer won't hurt.